?RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) GSKILL ARES DDR3 @1600mhz -- 1 year old

?MB: P8z68-v pro -- ~4 years old

?GPU: Radeon hd 7950 Boost edition -- 2 years old

?COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus -- 2 years old

?CASE: Rosewill Thor v2 - Full size atx -- 2 years old

?PSU: A-power AK 800w -- ~4 years old

?STORAGE: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120gb SSD -- 1 year old

?DISPLAY: ASUS VS228H-P 21.5-Inch 1920x1080 monitor -- 2 years old

•Parts are well maintained and cleaned regularly.
•Fully functional

Solution
From my experience, you will make more money by selling the parts individually but it will take more time. Selling the system as a whole can be a chore given the high shipping cost and you will net less profit but it will take less of your time (maybe).

Overall I'd start parting it out and if you don't need the cash right away then just take you time to get rid of the components.

For efficiency you will likely want to sell the rig as a whole but that can be a chore too.

Ryan Weckbacher

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

Well that is about what I expected to get out of it given its age.

Moving across the country, and would rather not pay out of pocket to get this beast out there.

Would it be more efficient to sell the parts individually or as a whole, as far as speed would go.

From my experience, you will make more money by selling the parts individually but it will take more time. Selling the system as a whole can be a chore given the high shipping cost and you will net less profit but it will take less of your time (maybe).

Overall I'd start parting it out and if you don't need the cash right away then just take you time to get rid of the components.

For efficiency you will likely want to sell the rig as a whole but that can be a chore too.

Solution

Ryan Weckbacher

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013

Have about a month window for selling it if I were to do so

Yeah so its up to you.

Part it: slower more money.
Whole system: (potentially) faster sale, less money

Status
Not open for further replies.