Question Prime day deal

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
I'm looking to upgrade my Monitor to a 240 hrtz 1440p 27", anyone know of a good deal on one on Amazon, the Alienware one is $473 but that's kinda ouch and I see it dont have great reviews, I looked for the one you all recommended in thy front page that's 32" in 27" but I dont see a 240 hrtz

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
That one has worse ratings than the Alienware.

I have been researching and amazon actually inflated the price of the Alienware, its actually more expensive on prime day than it was 2 weeks ago,

I was looking at msi mags as I heard they are extremely good but nothing in 27" @ 240, I have an Asus 144 hrtz right now, they have a 240 but I dont like the one I have, it has alot of ghosting and motion blur.

I dont game competitive but my pc can run 200+in call of duty but I have to call my frames capped as my monitors only 144 hrtz, if I turn the cap off in rivatuner I get 240+ in multi-player, 190-220 in big map and 200+ in resurgence in wz without overclocks, so I was just looking to upgrade but they aren't really deals they are overpricing things.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Generally, prime day, black friday, and other big sales are intended to clear out poorly selling products. Not generally the stuff people actually want.

I picked up the LG OLED 1440p 240hz panel for $600, still the lowest price that particular model has been. Just had to watch it for about 2 months. It bounced around from its launch price of 800, to 729, to 650, back to 729, then 700 for a while, etc.

The LG Ultragear IPS 240hz 1440p panel gets pretty good reviews, probably not quite as good as the Alienware which is newer I believe. But that is the price difference reflected.

If you want an MSI, this also has decent reviews, cheapest at MSI at the moment:

https://us-store.msi.com/Monitors/G...UkCxb33:iTlg3E0&sharedid=&irpid=79301&irgwc=1

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Generally, prime day, black friday, and other big sales are intended to clear out poorly selling products. Not generally the stuff people actually want.

I picked up the LG OLED 1440p 240hz panel for $600, still the lowest price that particular model has been. Just had to watch it for about 2 months. It bounced around from its launch price of 800, to 729, to 650, back to 729, then 700 for a while, etc.

The LG Ultragear IPS 240hz 1440p panel gets pretty good reviews, probably not quite as good as the Alienware which is newer I believe. But that is the price difference reflected.

If you want an MSI, this also has decent reviews, cheapest at MSI at the moment:

https://us-store.msi.com/Monitors/Gaming-Monitors/G274QPX?irclickid=QmlWuZ2pExyKWygwlA1MLXJqUkCxb33:iTlg3E0&sharedid=&irpid=79301&irgwc=1
What about this one

LG 27" UltraGear QHD (2560x1440) Gaming Monitor, 240Hz, 1ms, VESA DisplayHDR 400, G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort, 4-Pole HP Out DTS HP:X, Tilt/Height/Pivot Stand, Black https://a.co/d/gFHRdPU

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like a minor revision to the one I recommended. I like it because it has HDMI 2.1, a lot of the other ones in that price range don't.

I went through the manual and I can't find anything difference with the AUS version, not sure if that is a regional thing, or just a different batch of LCD panels or something,

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021

https://us-store.msi.com/Monitors/Gaming-Monitors/G274QPX?irclickid=QmlWuZ2pExyKWygwlA1MLXJqUkCxb33:iTlg3E0&sharedid=&irpid=79301&irgwc=1
There's one that's highly rated for $540 from LG Ultragear has like an 8.9/10 rating

This one is more expensive cause of the response time, I have the Amazon card where I'll pay on it monthly but I dont want to get crazy or I'd just get the rog swift lol

LG 27" Ultragear™ OLED QHD Gaming Monitor with 240Hz .03ms GtG & nVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible,Black https://a.co/d/fZCnx8m

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Looks like a minor revision to the one I recommended. I like it because it has HDMI 2.1, a lot of the other ones in that price range don't.

I went through the manual and I can't find anything difference with the AUS version, not sure if that is a regional thing, or just a different batch of LCD panels or something,
Nvm that $540 one is used lol

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Yes, Amazon is putting a lot of effort into making the Amazon Resale prices front and center.
I honestly don't even know why I'm worried about it I don't really play video games that much anymore where I need 240, I will in the future when new games come out like Black Ops 6 and GTA 6 games like that but right now everything's just stale, I don't need a 240 hrtz monitor for World of Warcraft lol, do you think down the road they'll have more sales

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Black Friday / Cyber Monday in the fall. But again I don't expect discounts on truly desirable products. Stores may have a few loss leaders here and there but that isn't generally on big ticket items. A few exceptions for things like TVs where a model may be discounted because its value proposition was bad to start with. And some of those loss leaders are intended to be sold with other related products as regular prices. So eliciting profit out of people while they think they are getting a deal.

In looking today, there are sales on 12th Intel parts which are still abundant. Price is even lower than previous Black Friday deals. A few storage deals on lesser brands and overpriced options.

You should set a max you want to pay, and monitor a product you think may come down to that price at some point.