Print_Spooler_doesn’t_Start

I am using Windows XP home. When the computer starts up the print spooler
doesn’t automatically start even though it is set to start. I have tried
setting it to manual and restarting then setting it back to automatic. This
had no effect. This is a fresh install with SP2 installed. I idea’s would be
very helpful

Hi aboyl,

It may be missing a dependency, have you disabled other system services
(which is sometimes unwisely advised to do on some web pages I've seen)? I
would try this: Double click the service, set the startup type to automatic.
Then on the Recovery tab, change the first failure line to "restart the
service". See if this helps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/