[SOLVED] Printer Not Working On Windows 10 PC?

Luke2468

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
Hi there, I have a Brother HL-3710CDW and have had it hooked up to my PC for a while now and have never had an issue. I went to print something from google chrome under an email account for my school and it wouldn't let me saying something about the file type ( I apologize for forgetting exactly what it said ). I have been trying many methods to try and fix it from simple things like restarting both my PC and printer all the way to disabling the printer spool in the command prompt. Every other device I have connected to the printer works flawlessly without issue and this PC did for a long time up until now. Does anyone have any input on this or any advice? Thanks

UPDATE: Everytime I try printing something now Windows says that the printer is in an error state. Every other device I have is still working with the printer.

Solution
If you have Windows 10, run the built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that:

On your PC download the printer drivers via Brother's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Try to note the file type if the error reoccurs. Or any other error message that appears.

Ralston18

Titan
If you have Windows 10, run the built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Failing that:

On your PC download the printer drivers via Brother's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Try to note the file type if the error reoccurs. Or any other error message that appears.

Solution