Jul 8, 2020
Hello!
I have a problem with starting a new computer based on the ASUS Prime B450M-A motherboard. Everything new.

Computer components that could affect:
AeroCool Retail VX-500 Plus 500W

Western Digital WD 240Gb Green WDS240G2G0B
HyperX Fury Black DDR4 DIMM 2666MHz PC4-21300 CL16-16Gb KIT (2x8Gb) HX426C16FB3K2 / 16

Motherboard:
ASUS Prime B450M-A:
• Does not work with AMD Ryzen 3 3200G YD3200C5M4MFH OEM (BIOS update is required here - it should be so)
• The graphics card ASUS GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (it works with other components) does not work with AMD Ryzen 3 1200 - compatibility is present without updating the BIOS, it should have worked, but it did not start.

In all cases: Black screen and POST signal 1 long, 2 short - a malfunction or a problem with video graphics (or problem with RAM). Everywhere different information.

I decided to give the motherboard to a service center for inspection.

Please tell me what I can try to fix this problem? What could be the reason?

After the test results, there can be two situations: the motherboard is broken and it will be repaired, the problem will be solved, OR the motherboard will be in working condition, the problem will remain unresolved and incomprehensible.

Thanks so much for your answers!

Last edited:
Solution
If you've tried each of your RAM modules in slot A2 and got a no memory beep code for each, then I would begin to assume that your motherboard is faulty. I checked the Memory QVL for your motherboard and while your specific model is not listed, something that is extremely close is, so I do not suspect and RAM incompatibility.

Yes. At this point, I'd say your motherboard is at fault.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
ASUS Prime B450M-A CPU Support List

Based on the above, the Ryzen 3 1200 is compatible with the motherboard under the initial BIOS version 0219.
The Ryzen 3 3200G requires BIOS version 1201 or later to be compatible with your motherboard.

The Ryzen 3 1200 does not have integrated graphics. If you connected your display to the motherboard outputs as opposed to your GT 1030 graphic card outputs, you would not get a signal.

The Ryzen 3 3200G does have integrated graphics, but with a discrete graphics card installed in the PCI-Ex16 expansion slot, the integrated graphics may automatically be disabled and you would not get a display if the monitor was connected to a motherboard output.

Update your BIOS to version 1201 or later (if the board is in the service center, request that they perform the BIOS update.
Install your Ryzen 3 3200G processor and remove the GT 1030 from the case. Connect your display to the motherboard output and attempt to boot your system. You should get a display at this point. If so, shut down the system, install the GT 1030 and connect your monitor to one of the graphic card outputs. Reboot your system and you should get a display.

Note: Please specify if your monitor only has a VGA (D-SUB) input.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Baltasarus
Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I only have a monitor with a VGA port, as it is very old :giggle:. But it definitely works.
I would also like to note that when checking the performance with Ryzen 3 1200 and GT 1030, I inserted the cable into the VGA port of the video card, and not the motherboard.
I found information that the problem can be solved by connecting using HDMI. But the POST signals still sound, I think that this would not help to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
ASUS GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 - Amazon Link

Could you please confirm this is your card or provide a link to your card?
Sorry, I made some mistake by confusing the video card (the video card was brought by a person who tried to help me, it was not mine, but it definitely worked on his computer). He had such a video card:
Nvidia GeForce GT 710 - Amazon Link (Something like this)
Here I would like to note that the cooler of the video card rotated.

Build my computer does not provide a graphics card. The video card was used to update the BIOS. However, even with such an assembly (Video card + Ryzen 3 1200), the computer did not start.

Please tell me, in your opinion, all the problems rest on the motherboard, because the components are fully compatible with each other? I also thought that the RAM was faulty. However, I have 2 bars, completely new, this is unlikely.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020
OK. What BIOS version did you upgrade to and did you upgrade the AMD Chip Set drivers prior to the BIOS update?

-Wolf sends
Unfortunately, I could not update anything, because the computer did not turn on - a black screen, 1 long and 2 short POST signals. That is, the motherboard is factory, BIOS was not updated.

Jul 8, 2020
I would like to add what I did with the computer: I rearranged the RAM strips into different slots, changed the strips, assembled the motherboard outside the case, changed the Ryzen 3 3200G to Ryzen 3 1200 + video card.

There was always the same problem - a black screen, 1 long and 2 short POST signals.

The result is that with different compatible components, there was the same error.

Jul 8, 2020
OK. ASUS Beep Codes state 1 Long followed by 2 Short beeps means no memory.

Install the Ryzen 3 1200
Install the GT 710 graphics card.
Install just ONE memory module into slot A2 (See motherboard manual pg. 1-9).

Try to boot the system and let me know if you still get one long and two short beeps.

-Wolf sends

Reference - Computer Beep Codes.
I have done your instructions. :giggle:

I took only one RAM, stuck it in slot A2. Everything remained the same: the same post signal, the same black screen.

Then I changed the slats, that is, took another, tried to install it in different ports. Again the same thing: one long and two short beeps, black screen.

Now can we draw any conclusions?

Jul 8, 2020
N9fmTQ4Y_x4.jpg

xAqA9u5RInw.jpg

This is my memory HyperX Fury - Amazon Link. I thought that maybe it does not fit, because it has a rounding of contacts.
But this is not a breakdown, it should be so. I also met similar assemblies, like mine, with the same RAM.

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you've tried each of your RAM modules in slot A2 and got a no memory beep code for each, then I would begin to assume that your motherboard is faulty. I checked the Memory QVL for your motherboard and while your specific model is not listed, something that is extremely close is, so I do not suspect and RAM incompatibility.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Baltasarus
Solution
Jul 8, 2020

-Wolf sends
Thanks so much for your advice and help!(y)(y)(y)
I hope that after a warranty repair in the service center everything will work. :oops:

Reactions: Wolfshadw