Problem with HP PSC 1210 all-in-one

Hi,

I recently purchased a new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner,
and installed it in a new Windows XP Pro workstation.

When I boot the system, the PSC 1210 driver takes over 1 minute to initialize...
and I can't run any other applications while the PSC 1210 driver is initializing!

This means that I have to wait over 1 minute to use my computer after it
boots, which is extremely annoying! (i.e., this HP PSC 1210 driver obviates
the very fast 4 second boot time of my Windows XP workstation).

BTW, my PSC 1210 all-in-one is connected to a USB 2.0 port using a new USB
2.0-compatible USB cord... and I have tried plugging the cord into different
USB ports... but with th esame unfortunate 1+ minute delay at Windows startup
:(

Has anyone found a way to speed up the HP PSC 1210 driver initialization,
or is this driver really this slow?!

Thanks in advance,

~Matt Verona
Houston, Texas

On 19 Apr 2004 06:06:37 -0500, "Matt Verona"
<mattverona@houston.rr.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I recently purchased a new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer/copier/scanner,
>and installed it in a new Windows XP Pro workstation.
>
>When I boot the system, the PSC 1210 driver takes over 1 minute to initialize...
>and I can't run any other applications while the PSC 1210 driver is initializing!
>
>This means that I have to wait over 1 minute to use my computer after it
>boots, which is extremely annoying! (i.e., this HP PSC 1210 driver obviates
>the very fast 4 second boot time of my Windows XP workstation).
>
>BTW, my PSC 1210 all-in-one is connected to a USB 2.0 port using a new USB
>2.0-compatible USB cord... and I have tried plugging the cord into different
>USB ports... but with th esame unfortunate 1+ minute delay at Windows startup
:mad:

>Has anyone found a way to speed up the HP PSC 1210 driver initialization,
>or is this driver really this slow?!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>~Matt Verona
>Houston, Texas

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers. I have a 1210 xi and have not
had any problems.

I also didn't install all their software, just the drivers but when I
did install everything I didn't have any problems.

It might be conflicting with something else that is loading on boot.

Good luck

Are you certain that it is the 1210 that is causing the delay? I ask
because the Symantec utilities have a bug in one version which creates
a 90 second delay after Windows is done loading but before full
functionality (and the Windows opening chord) appears. There is a fix
available.

Dick Ballard
ballardr@att.net