Question Problem with PC

Kjnkid

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2016
I am building a PC from spare parts. But for some reason i keep getting the 00 MSI motherboard code. It has a light next to CPU also. I figured it has something to do with the cpu. I repasted it Still the same error code. When i pulled the CPU plug out and replaced it the PC booted Up. So i am thinking it was just a loose connector. Well I shut down the PC and closed everything back up. Well when i turned it back on i got the same error code again. I thought maybe the power supply is just bad but i changed it still error code. I dont think its the CPU because it did boot up fine that one time. Could it be the motherboard that is just going out?

Kjnkid

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2016
I got it to boot up again. This time i removed GPU and put it in another slot and now it booted up again. Random things keep making it boot. I am leaning towards bad Mother Board

Kjnkid

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2016
Ok now it is booting normally. I am guessing it was a loose connection somewhere even though i had unplugged everything 100x. Maybe a loose piece on the motherboard, But i am glad its working now. Because everywhere i read it was saying dead cpu.