Problem with the error USB device over current status detected will shut down in 15 seconds when booting pc

Dec 11, 2020
Problem
after I turned on my pc I was shown the message that ''your device will shut down in 15 seconds because a USB device over current status was detected'' and I then went and searched how to fix this error. I then found a guide that said something was wrong with my USB. then I unplugged my front panel USB and checked the mobo USB for anything unusual. I found nothing and was like then what's wrong.
Question
What is wrong with my pc and why don't I see any of the things that should be damaged to give me this notification.
Specs
Asus h81m-c mobo
I5-4460 Intel processor
Asus GTX 1060 3G
550-watt power supply
Asus Cooler master case (5-7 years old)
16G ram
1T disk

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
What are you trying to do?
Are you trying to run a usb at startup or does this just happen when you try to start up windows?

Dec 11, 2020
I am trying to boot up my pc and a message pops up saying USB error over current status detected. this happens when I try to boot my pc

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I am trying to boot up my pc and a message pops up saying USB error over current status detected. this happens when I try to boot my pc

If like you said you have disconnected the cable for the front usb panel and have no usb devices or anything connected to it (not even in the back) and still get the message your motherboard might be broken.
You could try to update the bios but this could brick it if done wrong. So you might want to use a detailed guide for it so you dont break it.

Dec 11, 2020
Ok I can't update my bios because my mobo doesn't support the bios button and I can therefore not just plug a flash drive in and fix it that way. is there another way to update the bios without being able to boot

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Ok I can't update my bios because my mobo doesn't support the bios button and I can therefore not just plug a flash drive in and fix it that way. is there another way to update the bios without being able to boot

No, not really. You will unfortunately have to buy a new one I think.
You could bring it to a repairshop or similar, but the motherboard is a bit older so it would be cheaper to just buy a new one.