Nov 23, 2020
Guys, please help me. I bought a ZOTAC RTX 2070 super mini and it is reaching 83 degrees at full load even with the fans at 100%.
There's still one more problem. I'm getting a maximum of 70 fps in games like witcher 3, with all settings at maximum and 1080p and my cpu and gpu don't reach 100%, both are between 60 and 70%.
The same thing happens in other games, like GTA V. When I put everything at its maximum, including advanced settings (1080p). My CPU is ~ 40% and my GPU is 70 ~ 80%

I think it's important to say that even without reaching 83 degrees this happens and the clocks look normal.
My setup is:
ZOTAC RTX 2070 super mini
Intel i7-7700k
Asrock b250m-hdv
Corsair Vengeance 2400 MHz
Corsair CX 750W
Case: Corsair Carbide spec-02

Thanks a lot

Solution
What is AIO? It's about the watercooler? It's fine.

It is good to know that the performance is good, but I would like to know why this temperature.
I decided to open a game in which the GPU is 100% (WoW) in 4k. As I don't have an exhaust fan installed, I opened my CPU and that was enough to lower it by 3 degrees, from 85 to 82 degrees (with fans in stock 60%). With the fans at 100% the temperature is around 77 degrees, but there is an unbearable noise
If by opened you mean took off the side panel, and Temps went down, then you have an airflow problem.

The AIO is the water cooler yes.

Since it's on intake and you said 3 fans intake and 0 exhaust, you've got a lot of air being pushed in and hot air left to go out through gaps...
Guys, please help me. I bought a ZOTAC RTX 2070 super mini and it is reaching 83 degrees at full load even with the fans at 100%.
There's still one more problem. I'm getting a maximum of 70 fps in games like witcher 3, with all settings at maximum and 1080p and my cpu and gpu don't reach 100%, both are between 60 and 70%.
The same thing happens in other games, like GTA V. When I put everything at its maximum, including advanced settings (1080p). My CPU is ~ 40% and my GPU is 70 ~ 80%

I think it's important to say that even without reaching 83 degrees this happens and the clocks look normal.
My setup is:
ZOTAC RTX 2070 super mini
Intel i7-7700k
Asrock b250m-hdv
Corsair Vengeance 2400 MHz
Corsair CX 750W
Case: Corsair Carbide spec-02

Thanks a lot
First off it's a mini card. Smaller heatsink, two fans. It's bound to get toasty. CPU and GPU usage are misleading numbers. Your GPU will not reach 100% a lot of times in GTA V. I don't know why it happens, someone said it has something to do with playing 1080p and not 4K, but if I play online it reached 100%. So that's normal, I have a 2070S too. CPU % will never reach 100% in game because games don't use all cores.

AA kills FPS. What you see in YouTube benchmarks at "ultra" is useless. They have all AA off and it's still a custom setting. Try replicating a setting someone shows on YouTube and run the benchmark

Also run furmark and see what your GPU scores

Your spec 02 stock comes with only one fan I think, as intake on the front. That is very minimal airflow, you can add fans to increase airflow and decrease temps

Nov 23, 2020
First off it's a mini card. Smaller heatsink, two fans. It's bound to get toasty. CPU and GPU usage are misleading numbers. Your GPU will not reach 100% a lot of times in GTA V. I don't know why it happens, someone said it has something to do with playing 1080p and not 4K, but if I play online it reached 100%. So that's normal, I have a 2070S too. CPU % will never reach 100% in game because games don't use all cores.

AA kills FPS. What you see in YouTube benchmarks at "ultra" is useless. They have all AA off and it's still a custom setting. Try replicating a setting someone shows on YouTube and run the benchmark

Also run furmark and see what your GPU scores

Your spec 02 stock comes with only one fan I think, as intake on the front. That is very minimal airflow, you can add fans to increase airflow and decrease temps

Thank you for your help

When making comparisons with people on youtube I always make sure of the settings they use and even so I get less fps than them.
I ran the Furmark in 1080p and got a score of 10235. In fact my carbide spec-02 has 3 fans pulling air in at the front, because I have a watercooler for the CPU

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Thank you for your help

When making comparisons with people on youtube I always make sure of the settings they use and even so I get less fps than them.
I ran the Furmark in 1080p and got a score of 10235. In fact my carbide spec-02 has 3 fans pulling air in at the front, because I have a watercooler for the CPU
Well that furmark score is fine. My gigabyte 2070S 3x OC 8G actually got 9982. I'm assuming the AIO is on intake? What about exhaust fans? What's the situation like there

Nov 23, 2020
Well that furmark score is fine. My gigabyte 2070S 3x OC 8G actually got 9982. I'm assuming the AIO is on intake? What about exhaust fans? What's the situation like there

It is good to know that the performance is good, but I would like to know why this temperature.
I decided to open a game in which the GPU is 100% (WoW) in 4k. As I don't have an exhaust fan installed, I opened my CPU and that was enough to lower it by 3 degrees, from 85 to 82 degrees (with fans in stock 60%). With the fans at 100% the temperature is around 77 degrees, but there is an unbearable noise

If by opened you mean took off the side panel, and Temps went down, then you have an airflow problem.

Since it's on intake and you said 3 fans intake and 0 exhaust, you've got a lot of air being pushed in and hot air left to go out through gaps in the cases instead of a dedicated airflow pattern.

To ensure good airflow, you need the same amount of air coming in (commonly measured in CFM, ie cubic feet per minute) as going out.

Right now you have 3 fans (what model are they btw? If they came on the water cooler, what model cooler and which year?) on intake. You need a few fans as exhaust to ensure a proper airflow pattern. Usually it's best to have the same intake CFM as exhaust to keep a balance, but theoretically, exhaust > intake has best temperatures but causes a lot of dust buildup due to air being pulled in through unfiltered gaps in the case, and intake > exhaust causes less dust. But even then 3 intake 0 exhaust is awfully imbalanced.

I'd suggest get more fans or if the water cooler is not 360mm, then plug one of the intake fans as exhaust

Solution
Nov 23, 2020

Since it's on intake and you said 3 fans intake and 0 exhaust, you've got a lot of air being pushed in and hot air left to go out through gaps in the cases instead of a dedicated airflow pattern.

To ensure good airflow, you need the same amount of air coming in (commonly measured in CFM, ie cubic feet per minute) as going out.

Right now you have 3 fans (what model are they btw? If they came on the water cooler, what model cooler and which year?) on intake. You need a few fans as exhaust to ensure a proper airflow pattern. Usually it's best to have the same intake CFM as exhaust to keep a balance, but theoretically, exhaust > intake has best temperatures but causes a lot of dust buildup due to air being pulled in through unfiltered gaps in the case, and intake > exhaust causes less dust. But even then 3 intake 0 exhaust is awfully imbalanced.

I'd suggest get more fans or if the water cooler is not 360mm, then plug one of the intake fans as exhaust

Unfortunately I don't know which models of the fans, but they are from 3 ~ 4 years ago.

You are right the temperature has dropped, however only 2 ~ 3 degrees. How I am deciding whether or not to send the card to the RMA and I tested something.
I placed a table fan facing the open panel and got the following results for GPU at 99%: 81 degrees with the fans in stock (60%) and 77 degrees with the fans at 90%. Was this test useless and will the exhaust fans really lower the temperature or is my gpu really overheated?

I also wanted to say that I really appreciate your help.

Unfortunately I don't know which models of the fans, but they are from 3 ~ 4 years ago.

You are right the temperature has dropped, however only 2 ~ 3 degrees. How I am deciding whether or not to send the card to the RMA and I tested something.
I placed a table fan facing the open panel and got the following results for GPU at 99%: 81 degrees with the fans in stock (60%) and 77 degrees with the fans at 90%. Was this test useless and will the exhaust fans really lower the temperature or is my gpu really overheated?

I also wanted to say that I really appreciate your help.
No that's actually the wrong way. If that table fan faces the open panel you're pushing even more air in, which is the opposite of what you should be doing. The open panel reduces temperatures because it's allowing more air out not the other way

Nov 23, 2020
No that's actually the wrong way. If that table fan faces the open panel you're pushing even more air in, which is the opposite of what you should be doing. The open panel reduces temperatures because it's allowing more air out not the other way

I got it, so I really think it might be better to buy some exhaust fans than to take it to the RMA. Leaving the technical side, if everything is fine for you, do you think that the GPU it's normal and I should just leave it as it is, updating with RAM and fans?

I got it, so I really think it might be better to buy some exhaust fans than to take it to the RMA. Leaving the technical side, if everything is fine for you, do you think that the GPU it's normal and I should just leave it as it is, updating with RAM and fans?
I think the GPU is normal, I'd suggest a temp check with exhaust fans installed . Even 83 is pretty normal for a mini imo. RAM, sure if you wanna, but I'm too miser to spend extra cash on RAM unless it's really pretty like. The Dominator RGB. If you don't wanna spend. Extra cash getting 3200mhz or above you can just run what you have. Plus it's Intel, shouldn't make much of a difference

Reactions: HLLW_Nephilim
Nov 23, 2020
I think the GPU is normal, I'd suggest a temp check with exhaust fans installed . Even 83 is pretty normal for a mini imo. RAM, sure if you wanna, but I'm too miser to spend extra cash on RAM unless it's really pretty like. The Dominator RGB. If you don't wanna spend. Extra cash getting 3200mhz or above you can just run what you have. Plus it's Intel, shouldn't make much of a difference

I think it's okay, thanks for the help, really

Reactions: Prad_Bitt