[SOLVED] Problems at shutting down and pc turning off randomly

RazvanRS4

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Hi, 9 months ago , i bought a mid pc , from a good retailer from my country , but one thing this retailer does bad, sometimes they are putting Segotep's power supplies in their systems My Pc is a :
•CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 ( not overclocked , used to turn oc genie )
•GPU: GTX 1060 OC 3GT ( MSI 3GB)
•MOBO: B450-A-PRO ( MSI)
•Adata XPG Gammix D10 3000MHz 2x8gb ( used at 2933mhz)
•Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
•Kingston A400 120 GB
•Segotep H9PLUS+ 520 Watt 85%

Problems i've encountered : When i bought it , i was excited , i was doing benchmarks , overclocks , testing his potential. And because i Game a lot , i was averaging 4-8 hours per day . Well after a few months , i saw a problem, after a long session ( first time happened after 7 hour gta 5 session) my pc shut down kind of , graphics shutted down , but the fans were spinning at 100% ( after the shutdown/crash thing) , no image , hearing audio , but mouse or keyboard wouldn't work ( in fact all my usb devices would turn off ) ,

The only way to escape out of that , was to turn off my pc or restart ( had his times that he would hard lock ,and the only way was to plug it off , or turn off the switch) 1 time this happened 2 times in a row (it shutted down , i rebooted , loaded windows , loaded almost all my apps, boom shutted down) , first thing i did , i turned off the overclocks on my cpu and gpu , i saw improval , like it wasn't happening so often , but still happening .

The other problem that i think it has to do with the other one : now after 9 months , pc running good , sometimes happening that ^^ problem , but , not so often , the other problem happening to me right now is when , i shut down my computer ( personally) monitor closes, usb devices closes , but my pc stays on for about 3 minutes .. first time it happened used to stay on 1 minute , now is slowly taking more time shutting down .
Do you have any idea why is this happening

Edit: i don't know if these problems are PSU related or something else
Edit 2: when i say shut down (at first problem) i mean , like crashed or just stopped

Solution
Yes, this for me is a PSU problem. Sadly the PSU you have is not very good at all. I'd get a new one asap. The current one is failling, and has the potential to take some of your new hardware with it.

A decent 550w like this will do you well:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($92.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $92.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-03 08:17 EST-0500

Solution

RazvanRS4

Prominent
Jan 3, 2020
Yes, this for me is a PSU problem. Sadly the PSU you have is not very good at all. I'd get a new one asap. The current one is failling, and has the potential to take some of your new hardware with it.

A decent 550w like this will do you well:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($92.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $92.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-03 08:17 EST-0500
Thanks for reply, i might buy this , want to ask you something , if i would want to buy a new gpu ( 2060 super maybe a 2070 super ) should i get the 650 W version or 550 W is enough