Question Problems with connecting to wifi on gigabyte motherboard with windows server 2016

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
So I've assembled a server but have problems with getting wifi on it for some reason. I have the gigabyte b360n wifi MOBO and use windows server 2016. I have installed all the network drivers that were on the disk provided with the MOBO but when I plug in the wifi dongle it does not show up anywhere and when I try to troubleshoot it says there is no network adapter detected with the problem being: "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter". Also I did not forget to install the wireless LAN service provided by the server manager.

Edit: there are some devices under "other devices" in the device manager that are listed as: "Ethernet Controller", "Ethernet Controller" and "Unknown device". None of which are running because no drivers

Last edited:
I've built my server on same motherboard, same 2016 server, and had difficult time installing even LAN drivers. Gigabyte does not offer Server drivers, and 2016 does not recognize ones from web or on the CD. I ended up using I-219LM Intel drivers for them. I suppose these are what you see as "Other".

I suppose same happens with the WiFi drivers (I haven't bother to install them at all). It appears as some Intel WiFi chip, and when I enabled it, it failed to install the driver as well.

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I've built my server on same motherboard, same 2016 server, and had difficult time installing even LAN drivers. Gigabyte does not offer Server drivers, and 2016 does not recognize ones from web or on the CD. I ended up using I-219LM Intel drivers for them. I suppose these are what you see as "Other".

I suppose same happens with the WiFi drivers (I haven't bother to install them at all). It appears as some Intel WiFi chip, and when I enabled it, it failed to install the driver as well.

How would one go about installing the LAN drivers and maybe some guidance where I should look for more info about WLAN?
Thanks in advance.

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
Bit of an update.
I downloaded the intel driver you recommended (I-219LM) and after failing to install because of the "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) adapters are present on this computer" and me doing it manually from the device manager on both the Ethernet Controllers it succeeded! It had changed from other devices to a new device in the Network adapters section called "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM" and "#2" on the end of the other one. When I go to Network Connections I have 2 options "Ethernet" and "Ethernet 2" which both state that the network cable is unplugged, which is true. But there is one more thing that I don't seem to have the adapters or drives for and that is the "Network Controller", don't really know if Ethernet can work without having the drivers for that or not, if you could guide me that'd be great.

Last edited: