Question Problems with drivers after windows 10 reinstall.

real900

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with a Thompson laptop (NEO14A.2WH32) and its drivers, specifically the network and sound driver that I can't seem to find/install. I go a litle bit more in-depth in this reddit post. If you could spare a moment to read it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone. Link: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/eg44ve/cant_seem_to_findinstall_drivers_for_thompson/

For some more context, since then I've tried connecting through a USB to Ethernet adapter and maybe running windows update, but I couldn't even get any internet with the Ethernet connection. I tried multiple things, from changing the cable, to resetting the router and reinstalling some ethernet driver that (I think I got the one right, possibly not) windows recommended "rtl8152B". Any help I would deeply appreciate, or at least pointing in the right direction.
Thanks once again.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? If you don't know what to source, then the best option would be to let Windows sort out the drivers. If the device gets flagged in Device Manager, you can at least make out what the device's name is. Also, try this for audio(from the drop down download the zip file).

Likewise, try this link but don't download the executable, download the zipped files.

real900

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? If you don't know what to source, then the best option would be to let Windows sort out the drivers. If the device gets flagged in Device Manager, you can at least make out what the device's name is. Also, try this for audio(from the drop down download the zip file).

Likewise, try this link but don't download the executable, download the zipped files.

I'm deeply sorry, I thought I included it in the reddit post, it's Windows 10 Home Edition, 32 Bits OS with 64 bit processor. Would the links you included in your post still work?
Thanks for taking the time helping me. And by the way, the device manager does not list the wireless adapter, at least I dont think so, I will include an image shortly.

Edit: The image: View: https://i.imgur.com/Cn2rYE9.jpg

The realtek adaptor is the ethernet driver it recommended me, but still does not work.

Also, if it's not too much, how would I go about installing those drivers? Thanks once again for taking the time helping.

Last edited:
right-click the device - goto the Details tab and get the Hardware ID from the dropdown

you should be able to do a google search on the hardware ID.

that should point you to the device and you should be able to locate it either on the mfr's site or a reliable 3rd pty like station-drivers or softpedia or cnet.