[SOLVED] Problems with mouse freezing on Windows 11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
Hello.
I have a problem with my Windows 11 macine. The problem is that my mouse would randomly freeze for a second or two and it would work fine for a few moments before it does it again. Its gotten to the point where I cant do anything let alone play games.Sometimes if completely freezes and I have to unplug it from my PC and plug it in again to get it to work. Ive been using Windows 10 Prior to 11 for 6 years and never ever has it done that idk what could be the issue my mouse is Asus ROG STRIX GX 1000 Eagle eye. My PC is not bad so I dont think its hardware related issue.

Specs.
Prime B360
i5-8600
GTX 1080Ti
16GB DDR4 RAM

Ive updated my BIOS to the latest version and all drivers, but nothing worked.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Try to connect your mouse to another USB port, specially USB 2.0 instead if USB 3.x.
Sorry OP I know this is of no help but it just so much reminded me of this

A friend was getting wound up with his mouse (back in the days when mouse used a ball) it would just stop working.

After sending the PC back to my mates shop (who built the PC) 3 times it still kept doing it.

My mate who owned the shop said there is nothing wrong with it! And frankly he's fed up with my mate keep phoning his shop and sending the PC back.

Turns out my mate who bought the PC also smokes roll up ciggy's and he had rolled the mouse over a butt end that he must of knocked out of the ash tray while play Ever Quest.

And that got pulled in to the mouse by the ball and at random times would cause the mouse to stop working LMFAO

Of cause my mate who owned the shop just told my other mate to send in the tower he doesn't need the keyboard or mouse, so he was correct there was nothing wrong with the PC lol

My mate who owned the shop wouldn't sell or have anything else to do with my other mate after that. LOL

Sorry OP I just couldn't help myself.

Could it be your mouse?

Last edited by a moderator:

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
Try to connect your mouse to another USB port, specially USB 2.0 instead if USB 3.x.
Well it was in USB 2.0 so I did the oposite of what u said and plugged it into USD 3.0 and now it works. Thanks! :tearsofjoy:

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
Sorry OP I know this is of no help but it just so much reminded me of this

A friend was getting wound up with his mouse (back in the days when mouse used a ball) it would just stop working.

After sending the PC back to my mates shop (who built the PC) 3 times it still kept doing it.

My mate who owned the shop said there is nothing wrong with it! And frankly he's fed up with my mate keep phoning his shop and sending the PC back.

Turns out my mate who bought the PC also smokes roll up ciggy's and he had rolled the mouse over a butt end that he must of knocked out of the ash tray while play Ever Quest.

And that got pulled in to the mouse by the ball and at random times would cause the mouse to stop working LMFAO

Of cause my mate who owned the shop just told my other mate to send in the tower he doesn't need the keyboard or mouse, so he was correct there was nothing wrong with the PC lol

My mate who owned the shop wouldn't sell or have anything else to do with my other mate after that. LOL

Sorry OP I just couldn't help myself.

Could it be your mouse?
Thank you for your help. Ive fixed the issue by plugging my mouse into a different port.Appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.