[SOLVED] Problems with My Blue Yeti (Classic) microphone ?

Aug 9, 2021
My Blue Yeti (Classic) microphone keeps lowering/auto-compressing its volume while I'm talking; my voice sounds like a walkie talkie ?

My microphone was fine until a few days ago. There's no way that a $100 USD mic is failing on me now. Here's what I tried (Windows 10, btw):
  • Disconnected & reconnected it
  • Connected it to different USB ports
  • Ensured that the connections are tight and secure
  • Disabled all other recording devices
  • Disabled all Exclusive Mode options & Signal Enhancements
  • Disabled/exited Logitech G Hub
  • Rolled back drivers
I don't use Krisp or any noise suppression software (to my knowledge), but I do have Voicemeeter Banana - though even closing that didn't do anything. Why does it fade out when I speak for a few seconds at a time? Did the new driver update permanently screw up my microphone, or is there some program that's secretly messing with me for no reason at all? Or is it something else entirely?

Solution
Never mind, I found the solution!
Right-click the sound icon on the bottom-right taskbar > "Sound Control Panel" on the right side of the Settings window > "Recording" tab > click on "Yeti Classic"/"Yeti Stereo Microphone" > "Properties" button > "Properties" > "Change Settings" > "Driver" tab
From here, unplug the microphone, then click on "Uninstall Device." Once that's done, reconnect the microphone, and there should be no more auto-compression.
Aug 9, 2021
Never mind, I found the solution!
Right-click the sound icon on the bottom-right taskbar > "Sound Control Panel" on the right side of the Settings window > "Recording" tab > click on "Yeti Classic"/"Yeti Stereo Microphone" > "Properties" button > "Properties" > "Change Settings" > "Driver" tab
From here, unplug the microphone, then click on "Uninstall Device." Once that's done, reconnect the microphone, and there should be no more auto-compression.

Solution