[SOLVED] Problems with port opening

maxtech31

Commendable
Nov 11, 2019
So i have been trying for days, port forwarding on a new router with other ISP
and i haven't got to make it work, i have tried of everything: firewall, different ips in my router,
WAN ips, DMZ, port triggering
nothing works, use ethernet for faster connection but i dont think that makes any difference.
And my Router Model is a
TL-WR841ND
I made one port forwarding once but that was with a modem directly iirc

Update:
seems like im on CG NAT
is there any way to portforward with CG NAT?

Last edited:
Solution
and i haven't got to make it work, i have tried of everything: firewall, different ips in my router,
nothing works, use ethernet for faster connection but i dont think that makes any difference.
And my Router Model is a
TL-WR841ND

Update:
seems like im on CG NAT
It is easy to determine if you are on a carrier NAT. You compare the IP address in the WAN status of your router to the public IP shown on whatsmyip.com

If you have a different address then if it is a 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y or a 100.x.y.z...

kanewolf

Titan
And my Router Model is a
TL-WR841ND

Update:
seems like im on CG NAT
It is easy to determine if you are on a carrier NAT. You compare the IP address in the WAN status of your router to the public IP shown on whatsmyip.com

If you have a different address then if it is a 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y or a 100.x.y.z Then you won't be port forwarding. You have to have a public IP address.
The only fix for that is to call your ISP.

Solution