[SOLVED] Problems with X570 Aorus Ultra

Sarastro

Reputable
Mar 28, 2016
Hi guys,
I think the below problems are caused by my motherboard (please correct me if I'm wrong - glad for all the help I can get) :

I built the following system:

• Case: bequiet Darkbase 700 + 2 additional fans 4 in total
  • Mobo: Aorus x570 Ultra
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X - stock cooling
  • RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3600-16-16-16
  • GPU: Zotac 1080Ti
  • storage: Samsung MZ-V7S250BW SSD 970 EVO Plus 250 GB M.2 + Samsung MZ-V7S1T0BW SSD 970 EVO Plus 1 TB M.2
  • Monitors: 3 monitor setup where the main monitor is a Samsung Curved 27inch gaming monitor with 144herz
  • operating system: win10

Mobo flashed to newest uefi bios, all drivers for all components manually downloaded and installed.

Problems:

• The Bios randomly looses the configurations (fan management, and RAM XMP) after restarts
    • in the AORUS software (easy tune) prompts: "the motherboard was changed - all settings reset to standard"
    • in the UEFI bios directly the message appears something like: "components where changed - reset to standard"
  • sometimes the PC won't wake up from energy saving mode/sleep -
    • all the fans go on but the monitors stay black
    • at this point I also realize that bios lost all config again as the RGB elements have random colours
    • after I restart/reset the PC the Samsung Gaming Monitor is no longer working and stays black
  • my main monitor (Samsung 27inch 1440p 144herz) stays black after I start the PC
    • the other monitors work fine and the system just pretends that my main monitor doesn't exist
    • this goes hand in hand with a loss of bios configuration
    • it doesn't always happen when bios looses its settings but the other way round, bios always looses its setting when the monitor goes black
    • a strange detail that also has to do something with it: sometimes I go into bios and it appears strangely distorted and blurred on my main monitor - when I then exit bios I can be 100% sure that the main monitor will stay black and is no longer recognized by my system

What I tried:

• no overclocking/no XMP profile for RAM
  • use different DDR4 RAM
  • plug in the main monitor alone and on different ports with different cable - it won't come on again. Only after I reset bios (clear CMOS) and cut off monitor and computer from power for some time
  • clear CMOS
  • different BIOS version
  • uninstall all Gigabyte Software in Windwos (easy tune, @bios, etc.)
  • checked all cables, connections, components, etc.

Is my motherboard faulty? What else can I try??? I'm already sleep-deprived and going crazy as I can't even find the reason for the problems.

Solution
Hi, I would try testing different power supply and, if same, different graphics card, If still same issue, I would suspect the board.

TRENDING THREADS