[SOLVED] program to monitor cpu and gpu temps

emieleke

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
hey all,

Does someone know a good and safe program to monitor your pc CPU temp in game?
Ive made a new setup and i want to monitor it for a while.

much thanks!

Solution
Intel or AMD?

I always liked HWM, but it sometimes doesn't like to play well with Ryzen/mobo. I started using Core Temp for that. I generally use Afterburner for GPU temps, or just check the task manager/performance tab as many modern GPU report temp to it as well.

Admittedly I have not attempted to locate a program that gives all the same info for the AMD builds as HWM will show for Intel.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Intel or AMD?

I always liked HWM, but it sometimes doesn't like to play well with Ryzen/mobo. I started using Core Temp for that. I generally use Afterburner for GPU temps, or just check the task manager/performance tab as many modern GPU report temp to it as well.

Admittedly I have not attempted to locate a program that gives all the same info for the AMD builds as HWM will show for Intel.

Solution

emieleke

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Intel or AMD?

Good and safe? Most such programs are safe for practical purposes if you get them from their official site, and do a hash compare.

HWMonitor, GPU-Z, HWiNFO, too many to count.
thanks both for the reply. but found something in the meantime: "speccy" seems pretty good