Protesters Descend on Apple Store with 'Wake Up' Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
The time for this has never been more appropriate. With Apple-worshipers finally realizing that their glorified Mac OS X is not virus-proof and their mobile devices are built off cheap labour.

torka

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Samsung denies that it was them.

...it could still be but my money is on Microsoft/Nokia.

Those two have been spouting a lot of anti-iphone stuff with those commercials lately, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

markheber

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
It is always great to see twits congregate. This type of stunt should be a weekly, it makes normal people feel a little better about themselves.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Too bad it wasn't New York or some other relevant city.[/citation]
New York is busy with the 99%. Please try your protest again later.

thefiend1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
Protesting like this is juvenile. Doesnt matter what company is behind it, if you cant compete with another company - dont be a bitch about it. Make your products better and stop insulting others. The end.

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
"Samsung Electronics Australia has nothing to do with the 'Wake-Up Campaign,'"

Not sure that this absolves Samsung of guilt.. well played, Samsung, well played.

alphaalphaalpha1

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]2000 years from now, Allah would be viewed as a myth like Zeus and Steve will be the new Jesus.[/citation]

... I'm pretty sure that most people on this site don't view Allah as anything more than a myth such as Zeus already, so it probably won't take 200 years for THAT to happen. I also don't think that Jobs will be viewed as another Jesus either.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]northwestern[/nom]New York is busy with the 99%. Please try your protest again later.[/citation]
All 10 iOS users in Sydney heard of this protest and were mortified. Australians aren't good iSheep. Now New York...if they'd done this in New York it may have had some impact.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]thefiend1[/nom]Protesting like this is juvenile. Doesnt matter what company is behind it, if you cant compete with another company - dont be a bitch about it. Make your products better and stop insulting others. The end.[/citation]
True...true, but still amusing it is.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]thefiend1[/nom]Protesting like this is juvenile. Doesnt matter what company is behind it, if you cant compete with another company - dont be a bitch about it. Make your products better and stop insulting others. The end.[/citation]

Samsung can't compete? LOL. They're just not good at indoctrinating their customers like Apple is, otherwise their stuff is kick-ass.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]northwestern[/nom]The time for this has never been more appropriate. With Apple-worshipers finally realizing that their glorified Mac OS X is not virus-proof and their mobile devices are built off cheap labour.[/citation]

And your little Android device isn't built on cheap labor?

looks like apple fanboys aren't the only ones that need to wake up.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]phishy714[/nom]And your little Android device isn't built on cheap labor?looks like apple fanboys aren't the only ones that need to wake up.[/citation]
So because I despise Apple, you automatically assume use Android?

Your detective skills are flawed.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]whimseh[/nom]People don't have better things to do?? ._. Sad.[/citation]
For Samsung these few protestors was money well-spent. I still think they should have picked a bigger city.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alphaalphaalpha1[/nom]... I'm pretty sure that most people on this site don't view Allah as anything more than a myth such as Zeus already, so it probably won't take 200 years for THAT to happen. I also don't think that Jobs will be viewed as another Jesus either.[/citation]
I somehow hate it when people talk like this. greghome didn't discriminate, i respect that.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

um... they already do make better products, however... apple users just keep going back to apple for some stupid reason.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]headscratcher[/nom]There is a web site that looks similar with just some sort of count down on it.http://www.wake-up-australia.com.au/[/citation]
What is interesting though, is the countdown DOES end on the day the GS3 is supposed to be unveiled.....

Status
Not open for further replies.