aniket968

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hello,
I am not able to ping WWW.GOOGLE.COM (any ip outside the network)...but i can access internet.I think its because of proxy server.But ineed some details about it.Any help is appreciated.Thanx.

aniket968

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

I am getting request time out error with 100% loss of packets, when i try to ping outside IP address. i can ping every IP inside my Private network including different offices which are at different geographical locations. I can access almost every website by using IE. But if i try to ping those websites i get above error. this is not creating problem but i want to know how is it possible ? may be its because of proxy server in our network , just want to know how it works.?

thanx for reply.

ryandsouza

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Its quite possible to block all ICMP (that's the packets sent when you 'ping') traffic at the firewall. Since you're able to ping your private network hosts, maybe your firewall is set to either block ping requests or replies or both to outside your network.
There's just no way of telling if that's the case here, unless you're the one doing the config...

Hope this helps!