PSP "Wish List"

Okay, now that I've spent some more time with this amazing gadget, here are
some things I'd like to see (in no particular order). And while I know
there are hacks to do some of the following, I'm talking about "official"
support:

1. Camera
It doesn't have to be a fancy one, but perhaps something slightly better
than mobile phone cameras. I can see it easily attaching to the top of the
PSP via the USB port, saving pictures to the memory stick.

2. Email/Web browser
Without a physical keyboard, it won't be as easy to compose messages, but
I'd like to at least be able to download and read my messages. And there is
no reason to think that the small analog stick can't take the place of a
mouse to navigate Web sites either. I've heard this is in the works, but
they also said that about the PS2 years ago and we all know what happened
with that...nothing.

3. Built-in Hard drive
The unit is already so compact, it is hard to imagine they could fit
anything else inside of it, so a hard drive would probably add another half
an inch to the bottom of the thing, but it would be better than using
expensive 1GB and 4GB Memory Sticks. Call me crazy, but I don't like the
idea of carrying around a stick of gum-sized memory that costs several
hundred dollars and can probably be blown away in a strong wind.

4. Universal Remote
The PSP has an IR port on the top. Why not use it to operate multiple
electronics devices--TV, cable box, DVD player, etc.--just like those $100+
Sony universal remotes with the screens?

5. AV Output
I didn't care that I could hook my GBA to the GameCube and play Game Boy
games on the television, but that's because "blocky" GameBoy games weren't
meant to be played on a larger screen. It would be nice to let people see
slide show pictures on a TV screen, not just the PSP's screen. If you could
buy a UMD for the PSP and watch it at home on the television in a decent
resolution, this might alleviate concerns about the UMD format not being
supported because few people will purchase a DVD and a UMD of the same
movie.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

> 2. Email/Web browser
> Without a physical keyboard, it won't be as easy to compose messages, but
> I'd like to at least be able to download and read my messages. And there
> is
> no reason to think that the small analog stick can't take the place of a
> mouse to navigate Web sites either. I've heard this is in the works, but
> they also said that about the PS2 years ago and we all know what happened
> with that...nothing.

You can already surf the web on it although not officially. See my post
"PSP web browsing cracked" posted 27th @ 22.39