ridahwouters

Reputable
May 17, 2017
Hi guys, so through the help of this community, I've engaged on my first pc build and recently received all my parts. I intended on going for a plain black build using the NZXT h500 with some purple RGB. However, I only noticed now that the PSU I bought, which is a Cooler Master v650 semi modular Gold, has those ugly multi-colored power cables which do not really fit the build. Thus, I've considered switching to either a Super Flower Leadex 550w Silver fully modular, or a Corsair CX550 Bronze fully modular, as they both have black cables. Although tier lists seem to indicate all 3 PSU's are of equal quality, is this a rash decision or am I fine making the switch?

Thanks in advance!

ridahwouters

Reputable
May 17, 2017
Corsair 550M is semi modular and ok. Super Flower Leadex is superior. Although the CM V650 is decent.
Aah my mistake, yeah the Corsair is semi-modular. It's hard to find many reviews for the Super Flower Leadex Silver, but it seems to be quite popular here in my country (South Africa). Would swapping out the v650 for the Super Flower for aesthetics purposes be wise?

ridahwouters

Reputable
May 17, 2017
The V650 is decent , made by Enhance , but I would go with the Super Flower Leadex Silver Platform.
One more thing if you don't mind. The Leadex gold is available for an extra 10$. Should I go for that instead of the silver? Also, I was reading a review from Tomshardware, and apparently the downsides of the CPU are low hold-up times and CapXon filtering caps? No idea what that means, but hopefully it isn't too bad?