PSU Monitoring Software

Adrian_JH

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
So I am wondering if there is any SOFTWARE ONLY that can read the total power usage of my ENTIRE rig, NOT individual parts.

So please do not give me links directing me to hardware which i will not be interested in or buying.

Thank you in advance.

No software can read the power consumption, especially not of every component. Hard drives and most add on cards have no accurate way of measuring or even guestimating their own power consumption since it is usually insignificant. Graphics cards and CPUs guess based off of the voltage level the chip is set to but that doesn't account for inefficiencies in the VRMs and the actual usage level of the processor which both affect its power consumption.

Software is totally inadequate for accurate power measurements, if you find software that claims it is I bet you my SWAGs are more reliable than it. If you want to know your power consumption either buy a kill-a-watt, guess, or get a current clamp to measure the flow through the wires feeding each component.

Software is merely a guess due to variations in hardware.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

there is no software that can do this reliably. personally id use a clamp meter but considering the cost i assume a kill-a-watt meter would work better but im only guessing as ive never bothered using them

Apr 21, 2017
i think it is bull shit !

the power supply unit Validators never insert the " watt meter installation " value in them's Standards check list !!!

and this great multinational corporations of the cases and cpu coolers and power supplies Manufacture never desire on inseting one miniature watt meter in them's power supply products !!!