Question PSU needs to recharge?

Dec 7, 2022
So I just got a hand me down PC that's quite old about 5-6 years old and I've noticed sometimes it just won't start up like no fans spinning or no RGB light up but I did see lights on the motherboard LEDs I tried reseating the ram sticks GPU and PSU but it didn't work however after leaving it as it is for 3-4 days it began to work fine again

This has been a reccuring thing since I got it 3-4 months ago it usually happens right after a power outage now however it happened when there wasn't a power outage.

Any way I just wanted to confirm if this is a PSU problem and I just wanted to know if there's other things I can try out before I buy a new one

Specs are
I7 3930k
1070 GTX
ASUS RAMPAGE IV extreme mobo
Corsair dd3r ram
1000 watt OCZ PSU

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
i dont think your psu needs to be that powerful if you dont plan on upgrading, maybe an 850w to save you some money and still have breathing room?

also is your pc plugged into a surge protector?

Dec 7, 2022
i dont think your psu needs to be that powerful if you dont plan on upgrading, maybe an 850w to save you some money and still have breathing room?

also is your pc plugged into a surge protector?
Yes I bought one because power outages were common in my area however even that didn't help the problem I have now is that there wasn't a power outage in my area yet it still happened

Dec 7, 2022
10-11 years old. i7-3970K was launched at the end of 2011

Probably a PSU issue (OCZ isn't that good that it can last 10 years or more) or the motherboard.
I'll probably test the motherboard out since I had a repair shop try and troubleshoot and they found it still worked I really hope it won't be the Mobo since that seems a hassle to replace