Question PSU replacment for inspiron 3656

Jul 2, 2019
I have the pre-built Dell Inspiron 3656. It had an AMD Radeon R9 360 which I replaced with a Geforce GTX 1050 OC 2gb Windforce by Gigabyte. Only issue is that my PSU is 100 or200w. Amazon said GPU needs at least 300. But I dont know much about my pre-built pc so I dont know what PSU would fit and if I need adapters. Im looking for 3656 adapters if any are necessary because all there is I could find was 3650. Any help is appreciated.

the motherboard is atx

How do you figure?

This is a 3656 motherboard:

91riJOuMO8L._SL1500_.jpg

Is this your motherboard?

If so, it's not ATX. It's not the right size, shape, layout and does not have the correct connectors.

Removed by moderator

Look, just because you can't properly communicate doesn't mean I'm the one with the problem.

The picture I posted above is a Dell Inspiron 3656 motherboard. It's not ATX. Doesn't use an ATX power supply. Does not reside inside an ATX case.

I'm trying to help you not make a mistake by running out and buying parts that aren't going to work in your PC. If you're going to resort to name calling, then I'm just going to have to assume I'm dealing with a 9 year old child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 2, 2019
Look, just because you can't properly communicate doesn't mean I'm the one with the problem.

The picture I posted above is a Dell Inspiron 3656 motherboard. It's not ATX. Doesn't use an ATX power supply. Does not reside inside an ATX case.

I'm trying to help you not make a mistake by running out and buying parts that aren't going to work in your PC. If you're going to resort to name calling, then I'm just going to have to assume I'm dealing with a 9 year old child.
why do you even reply you are wasting time

I replied because I'm trying to help you. That's what I said. I'm trying to help you not make a mistake. You are RESISTANT to help by not thinking through your posts before you post them. You're also not listening to what people have to say.

So yeah... NOW I am wasting my time. YOU are wasting my time. NOW I am done with dealing with you.