[SOLVED] PSU - Voltages

EZRCerax

Commendable
Jan 17, 2021
Hey guys, i'd like to ask if these voltages are ok for my pc. Also I heard some static noise from the PSU, it only does it when the PC starts, but after it stops
I recently got my 5600x because I wanted to get an upgrade from my I3 7100, so if anything happens to the PSU i'd be pissed if it took some other components
GPU: GTX 1050TI (yes I know its not good but I cant afford GPU atm)
MB: ASUS TUF B550M-E
RAM:CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR4 2400 (yes i know its slow)
PSU: Enermax Pro82+ 525W 80+ Bronze (older one but good quality)
SSD: Kingston A2000 - 500gb
HDD: 2x WD Green 5400 RPM - 500gb
5AsxW6Y.png

Solution
Hey guys, i'd like to ask if these voltages are ok for my pc. Also I heard some static noise from the PSU, it only does it when the PC starts, but after it stops
I recently got my 5600x because I wanted to get an upgrade from my I3 7100, so if anything happens to the PSU i'd be pissed if it took some other components
5AsxW6Y.png
12 volt rail is the most important and tolerance is +/- 5%. So 11.9-12.6V is within spec. Yours reads 12.192V...
5AsxW6Y.png
12 volt rail is the most important and tolerance is +/- 5%. So 11.9-12.6V is within spec. Yours reads 12.192V; that should be OK. But it's not really known just how accurate the reading is from the on-board superIO chip. Accurate readings would need a voltmeter.

It's also important to determine what it reads under maximum load, both CPU and GPU simultaneously, as well as very light loads. And there are other voltage quality specs like ripple that require even greater specialized equipment to measure.

Solution
Aight, thanks for that, I could put my PC under stress test and send another screenshot if that would clarify more.
If you wish go ahead...do something like run Cinebench20 and 3dMark (or Valley) simultaneously then take the screenshot. Or just look at the +12V reading as watching the change when load changes (turning the app on or halting the app) is as important as the voltage. Also how it's changing in the middle of the test.

Technically, so long as the +12V stays within tolerance (+/-5%) it's good. But in the end, it's not very accurate and depends a lot on judgment based on what you're seeing. You need better test equipment and a known load to properly assess PSU performance.