Question PSU won't power GPU

D

Deleted member 2963875

Hi, so I have a Corsair 750W RM750x Power Supply and an MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X Graphics Card, so basically the cables fit in but won't power up, the motherboard is the only thing that turns the Graphics Card on; any clarification and advice would be nice.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

so basically the cables fit in but won't power up,
Can you check and recheck the connector on the GPU? Check the other connectors from the PSU to the rest of your components.

On a side note, can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Are you recycling the cables from an older PSU with the new, in case you purchased a new PSU alongside the GPU?

D

Deleted member 2963875

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

so basically the cables fit in but won't power up,
Can you check and recheck the connector on the GPU? Check the other connectors from the PSU to the rest of your components.

On a side note, can you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Are you recycling the cables from an older PSU with the new, in case you purchased a new PSU alongside the GPU?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
CPU cooler: DEEPCOOL LE300 AIO Liquid CPU cooler
Motherboard: ASUS B550M-E WiFi TUF Gaming
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (8GBx2)
SSD/HDD: Kingston 1TB
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X Graphics Card 12GB LHR
PSU: Corsair 750W RM750x Power Supply
Chassis: DEEPCOOL CK560
OS: I don't have an OS since the monitor won't connect with the GPU / PC
Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ3A 27"

I don't know the age of the PSU, but I started using it at the start of this month and since I can't start my PC and monitor, I don't know my BIOS either, sorry; and nope the cables I'm using came with the PSU.

I appreciate your response :)