QOTD: What Speakers Do You Use for Your PC?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Logitech is an excellent value. The Z5300 I use on my main workstation are available for as low as $189 and are a terrific 5.1 system with lots of power. Audiophile, hell no. But $189? Also have a Z5500 not in use right now, basically same system with a decoder.

[citation][nom]ram1009[/nom]I haven't used speakers for at least 10 years. The cheapest headset you can buy is better than the most expensive speaker system IMHO.[/citation]

Not at all. I have a fairly nice set of headphones even (Grado SR225), and I still prefer my speakers. Admittedly, $30 headphones can beat something like a Logitech setup fairly easily for sound quality, but it is quite difficult to match a truly good speaker setup with headphones, especially for bass. Now, you are right that headphones are a much better value if you aren't willing to spend a decent amount on speakers, but they definitely cannot beat a high end speaker setup in almost any way.

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Blue Sky Audio EXO 2.1
These are studio monitor speakers sold at GuitarCenter for around $250. This is the best sounding integrated-power 2.1 system with a desktop preamp/contoller I've yet heard.

Tested them against Logitech's and Creative's top end speakers and it was no contest. The EXO sound was smoother, clearer and the bass is far more tight and controlled.

G

Monsoon MM-2000. A 4.1 system. 60 watts x 4, plus 100 watts for the sub. Four flat planar direct-radiating thin-film satellite speakers, sub with passive radiators. Going strong for nearly nine years.

G

Z-5500 here. I have been using Logitech speakers for years and Logitech seems to have found the best price point for a 5.1 system that provides the level of sound quality and volume most folks are looking for.

G

Running an Onkyo TX-DS555 Dolby Digital receiver connected by optical to a Sound Blaster X-FI, playing through 5 Klipsch RB15s and a Cerwin Vega 12 inch sub.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Running an Onkyo TX-DS555 Dolby Digital receiver connected by optical to a Sound Blaster X-FI, playing through 5 Klipsch RB15s and a Cerwin Vega 12 inch sub.
Nice. I can't wait for the Onkyo SR607 to come out to force the SR606 down. I'll pick one up on the cheap and hook it up to 5 Infinty speakers for my living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS