[SOLVED] Question about MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151

Oct 13, 2019
After I finished my build on PCpartpicker, it says: "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."
After some research, I think it means if I use a M.2 SSD and a SATA drive, the SATA drive will be affected and result in lower performance. However, I'm not sure if this is the case for my build. Can some kind sir help me our here?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nrv4CL

Solution
Only when a m.2 SSD is installed as indicated earlier. If not used, then there is no issue. If used, you simply can't use those SATA ports.
Oct 13, 2019
It actually means that the sata port will be disabled and unusable. This is a common limitation. With several other ports, this is not an issue for most users.
thank you for your reply. I understand that this is not an issue for most users. However, I'm still not sure if I'm in the majority of the minority here. Could you please give me an example of when the sata port will be disabled and unusable? Is it when I attach a M.2 to the slot or it will be unusable with some other condition?