garen

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
First off thanks for the help! My problem is I am light sleeper and noise is a real issue and I recently put my computer in my room. My goal is to lower the noise level,but without giving up alot in temperature.

My specs:

|CPU| Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400 (not overclocked or plan to)
|Mobo| Asus P5Q SE S775
|RAM|Kinston 8GB DDR2-1066
|GPU| MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC
|HDD| Kingston SSDNow V Series 60GB SSD
|PSU| CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750
|Case| Cooler Master haf 922

Cooling:

|Heatsink| Corsair H60 (stock fans)
|Fans| 3 x Cooler Master MegaFlow 200

My idea was to change out the stock corsair fan on the H60 for a noctua NF-F12 and have it run at full rpm (quieter than the corsair and the performace is not far from corsair at full rpm). I also thought of changeing the case for maybe a quieter case,maybe the Corsair 550D,but dont know that if I put in all the fans will show much difference. Any other ideas to reduce noise without losing much performance? Thanks! :pt1cable:

garen

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Ok I will look in to that,is it hard to setup and what brands do you recomend? Also I noticed that my loudest fan is the one in the side pannel any recomendations on reducing the noise?

Hi :)

The best ones are those designed for cars...motor shop etc...

All the best Brett :)

P180/P280 are very quiet cases, there are three part to the equation

generate less noise
dampen noise
stop it escaping

the last two are case based, the first is component based, every component needs to be considered. I tried for a while with a an athlon XP 3200+, really difficult, my next full build I started from the ground up, and picked components. slientpcreview.com had some ideas.

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
You can get a Fan Control to keep loud fans in line. That way you can also change the speed according to what you are doing. For instance turn them up while gaming and down while surfing/idle.