Feb 22, 2020
Keep it to 1 thread
I've heard everywhere that Gigabyte mobos are the worst in B450 Chipsets and r7 3700x won't go well with the B450 Aorus Elite, So I wanted to know how much capable is B450 Aorus Elite for R7 3700X with only PBO Enabled and no manual overclocking, To be honest VRMs are the only thing I am concerned about with this Mobo.

Solution
I've asked this question before as well but all of them say that this mobo isn't good with r7 3700x...
I'm not saying it's not good for a 3700X; if you've got a B450 Aorus Pro then upgrade to a 3700X with confidence so long as you don't manual overclock it. But that's no big loss because there's little to no point doing that with a 3700X on any motherboard.

But if you're buying a motherboard for your 3700X-based build (or any Ryzen processor) just avoid it. On principle. It was designed and originally marketed under false pretenses by trying to make buyers believe it has an 8 phase VRM. Only after some highly critical reviews of the boards and the advertising did Gigabyte relent and take those claims out of their...
Well, the 3700X might draw up to 90W.
It consumes less than a 2700X and with that, the B450 Elite VRMs will get really toasty.

Not the best VRM configuration on that B450 Elite, but it should be fine with the 3700X as this chip is quite efficient when it comes to power draw.

If I mount a 240mm Radiator on top of the chasis will It hamper the heat dissipation of the VRM section?
Probably, since using a water block on the CPU isn't the same as the stock Wraithe Prism's down-blowing fan that provides air onto the VRM heatsink.

But the upside, it leaves quite a bit of space to locate a 40mm fan blowing onto the heat sink. Just fabricate a mounting bracket out of an old expansion port blanking plate, attach it to a rear exhaust fan mounting point and you're good to go.

But in practice, just don't attempt all-core overclocking and it will probably be fine as it is. There's not much to gain (and more to lose) from it anyway as Zen 2 boosting is is extremely well optimized.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...qVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview#gid=639584818

According to this chart It says that this Mobo can handle r7 3700x at stock and can also handle an OC'ed r7 3700x with Minor airflow improvements, Is this chart a scam?
Coz everywhere I've heard that this is one of the worst B450 Mobos one could ever buy so what's your take on this one?
Aurous boards are some of the BEST you can buy. Those are not 4 phase VRMs either. They are plenty good enough for a 65watt 3700x

The first review I found does not sound good

“Gigabyte has restricted overclocking capability so that on the Ryzen 7 2700 it’s not possible to exceed 1.3v vCore and as such it is not possible to get beyond around 4GHz. On paper the VRMs are adequate, they are entry level and of average quality but for most users they should be sufficient.’

Taken from.

The first review I found does not sound good

“Gigabyte has restricted overclocking capability so that on the Ryzen 7 2700 it’s not possible to exceed 1.3v vCore and as such it is not possible to get beyond around 4GHz. On paper the VRMs are adequate, they are entry level and of average quality but for most users they should be sufficient.’

Taken from.
Idk why anyone would be buying a B450 board for overclocking any CPU. It’s a solid board that will not restrict a 3700x. If you want to overclock you should be looking at a x570, however there is very little gain in overclocking Ryzen 3000 series as they typically boost as high as they can go already.

Feb 22, 2020
I've asked this question before as well but all of them say that this mobo isn't good with r7 3700x but will be ok for an r5 2600x or r7 2700, what I found today is that the r7 3700x consumes less power than both of these chips while being at load, So I was just wondering If this mobo could handle those two CPUs then why It won't handle r7 3700x and that too at stock settings?

I've asked this question before as well but all of them say that this mobo isn't good with r7 3700x...
I'm not saying it's not good for a 3700X; if you've got a B450 Aorus Pro then upgrade to a 3700X with confidence so long as you don't manual overclock it. But that's no big loss because there's little to no point doing that with a 3700X on any motherboard.

But if you're buying a motherboard for your 3700X-based build (or any Ryzen processor) just avoid it. On principle. It was designed and originally marketed under false pretenses by trying to make buyers believe it has an 8 phase VRM. Only after some highly critical reviews of the boards and the advertising did Gigabyte relent and take those claims out of their advertising copy.

I just don't believe in rewarding them for that kind of deceptive marketing, so I recommend against it.

Solution