Question R9 270 wont stay at 100% load

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if it's not thermals, then i'm not sure. i actually have an older system with an r9-270 installed. weaker CPU in mine than the i7 you have but i have one also.

when i get home later today i'll run that benchmark and see what happens. i don't normally run them and have to install this to do it but i'll give it a shot just to see.

might be normal behavior you're seeing, might not be. we'll see what my 270 does with it. though i'm not expecting much on a 4k benchmark with such a low end GPU.

if there are custom settings you are running or anything other than the normal run, please let me know so i can match it when i run it later.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019
if it's not thermals, then i'm not sure. i actually have an older system with an r9-270 installed. weaker CPU in mine than the i7 you have but i have one also.

when i get home later today i'll run that benchmark and see what happens. i don't normally run them and have to install this to do it but i'll give it a shot just to see.

might be normal behavior you're seeing, might not be. we'll see what my 270 does with it. though i'm not expecting much on a 4k benchmark with such a low end GPU.

if there are custom settings you are running or anything other than the normal run, please let me know so i can match it when i run it later.
It does not have any custom bios or settings.
My system, however, does crash irregularly and I have to force restart it. Some people told me that the crashing could be caused by bad vram soldering by the manufacturer.
Not sure if this could also be the reason why my gpu wont maintain 100% load.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
apparently got to pay for extreme test so no go there for me. i did run the firestrike ultra test though. and my 270 stayed pegged as did the rest of the system. wasn't expecting much from it but there it is. am happy with the temp though. pretty cool for running flat out.

no idea why yours is not running flat out. perhaps someone else can help shed some light on it.