[SOLVED] Radeon R7 M340 Overheating during gaming. after doing everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedream

Prominent
Jul 4, 2022
I use HP-bw0xx notebook and my spec is:
GPU: integrated: Radeon R7 / Discrete: Radeon R7 M340 (TM)
CPU: AMD A-12-9720P
RAM: 12 GB
SSD and external HDD

I noticed that my laptop's discrete gpu experiences thermal throttling and overheats up to 90c which is the limit. the game where i mostly experienced this problem was DMC5, I have tried multiple things: open up the laptop and clean it, change the dry thermal paste with a new one, reinstalling the bios, update drivers and reinstalling them again and again, giving it a convenient ventilation and windows 10 debloater.

I would be very pleased for a help. thank you

stevedream

Prominent
Jul 4, 2022
I've had the same issue with mine. It ended up that my fan is not working properly. Check if there is airflow and then replace it. One other thing is that I would suggest to use the Windows driver and not the Catalyst, the AMD driver caused so many issues with almost everything for me.
windows drivers don't install well after using DDU to uninstall as the GPUs won't appear. I will be testing the Enterprise edition of my GPU later

stevedream

Prominent
Jul 4, 2022
You will need to be more specific on the thermal paste used; some pastes do not work as well in laptop applications.
It would also be a good idea to check the current paste application for uncovered spots.
sorry for not replying, I used YJ-G190, I did repaste it again but with spread with a dot on, however the problem presists

Status
Not open for further replies.