Radeon X1950pro AGP DV-i to vga adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Trying to get an older computer put together for playing some older racing games, etc., and went to install an old X1950pro. Never had a video card with the DV-i connections in the back, but I count 24 holes to the left, and 4 holes surrounding a cross to the right. Obvious question, but want to make sure. This is a 24+5 dv-i correct? Thanks

Solution
Getting the image now.

EDIT.

X1900XT with DVI -> VGA adapter. I use the same adapter with a 8800GTX/4870/5870/5770 and GTX 650 TI. Not all adapters have as many pins, my MSI ones has less, but I am still using an ATI one on the card anyway :)
amddvivga.jpg

As long as the card supports it, the adapters work fine. Once that do not do not have the extra 4 holes.
Here is a CARD that does NOT work with the adapter, but it already has one VGA port.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125446
I used the X1900 cards with the normal DVI -> VGA adapter without issues.

The part that looks like an X or + just has space top and bottom for the contacts to move. The plug that fits it will still just have a flat blade in that location.

I can get you an image of both the plug and adapter if you want to see.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012

Thanks Nukemaster!!! Yes, if you have a pic that would be great.

Getting the image now.

EDIT.

X1900XT with DVI -> VGA adapter. I use the same adapter with a 8800GTX/4870/5870/5770 and GTX 650 TI. Not all adapters have as many pins, my MSI ones has less, but I am still using an ATI one on the card anyway :)
amddvivga.jpg

As long as the card supports it, the adapters work fine. Once that do not do not have the extra 4 holes.
Here is a CARD that does NOT work with the adapter, but it already has one VGA port.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125446

Solution
Man, you still have a Radeon X19xx card that's still alive and kicking?

I remember buying my X1900 XT back in mid 2006. I kept it until fall 2009. It was starting to fail as in if I tried to play a video it may or may not crash and launching games would simply crash my PC. I replaced it with the Radeon HD 5850. I might replace it with a Radeon HD 8xxx series card when I upgrade my entire rig next year.

Still going strong. Had a close call when the fan stopped and it reached 119c.

Because the card would not clock up in windowed games, I had to use Riva Tuner and for some reason it stopped the fan(I had been fine for a long time, just a fluke maybe) when it applied full speed to the card.

Hours of gaming later and something looked strange in the system try(was not even in my computer at the time), it was the temps overlapping because it is not made to show 3 numbers.

After that the damn fan was run off the power supply(and will forever be). Since it has an Accelero X2 X1900 cooler on it, the fan did not make any nose at full speed. It was the BEST cooler ever made, great cooling and no noise.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012

Thanks again for all of your help! I have another question for you re: older standard PCI vidoe cards. I also have a Dell Dim. e310 which for some odd reason Dell decided not to allow a person to use a PCI-e card in. Strange. Anyway, I want to get it decent enough to run some fairly new games on low settings. I saw a GeForce GT 520 on Ebay go cheap, and also an 8400GS. I have also seen 1gb 9400GT. All, but the 8400gs are 64 bit. Do you know what the best possible standard pci video card is, and what to look for? Thank you again. I appreciate your taking the time to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.