[SOLVED] Rainbow Six Siege (and other various programs) just randomly crashing

1Poseidon3

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017
So before today, everything was running perfectly other than I was getting some pagefile BSoDs here and there. My friend recommended I turn off pagefile settings to prevent that BSoD from happening so I did that and I haven't had any problems until today when every time I try to load into a game of R6S, the game will crash and sometimes various programs such as Discord, Steam, and Brave Browser will crash alongside the game. These crashes can also be independent of R6S as I have also crashed while attempting to open Brave Browser but Siege will always crash.

I have tried reseating all of my SSDs and HDDs and the problem is still occurring. This started happening after I updated Razer Cortex so I closed it, stopped it from running on startup and restarted my PC and it still happens.
GPU: ASUS STRIX 1080ti 11GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM 16GB DDR4

If anyone needs any more information about my build, please let me know and I will provide it. I have absolutely NO IDEA what the problem could be or where to even begin searching since it seems to be a unique issue to me and my computer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1Poseidon3

Commendable
Jul 28, 2017
you need some pagefile.

Does it matter which drive and how much?

EDIT: I just set it to auto again and everything works perfectly. I guess I'm just going to have to deal with pagefile BSODs until I can figure out why that is happening. CrystalDiskInfo is telling me all of my drives are "good" and "100%" but I have a hard time believing it so we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: