jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
My girlfriend is having RAM problems, her Corsair RGB Vengeance 16gb randomly stopped working without being touched, and I can only get it to boot with 1 stick. The motherboard is an ASUS Maximus Hero VIII. On boot, I get a bios error saying to change the SATA configuration to RAID mode. I managed to find this setting to change but it said it could cause system boot failure. Could doing this fix my problem?

thanks!

My girlfriend is having RAM problems, her Corsair RGB Vengeance 16gb randomly stopped working without being touched, and I can only get it to boot with 1 stick. The motherboard is an ASUS Maximus Hero VIII. On boot, I get a bios error saying to change the SATA configuration to RAID mode. I managed to find this setting to change but it said it could cause system boot failure. Could doing this fix my problem?

thanks!
is your gf pc set on raid for the whole system? tried to update the bios to the latest then load optimized? also make sure to plug the ram on slot 2 and 4.

jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
is your gf pc set on raid for the whole system? tried to update the bios to the latest then load optimized? also make sure to plug the ram on slot 2 and 4.
Not sure, there’s an SSD with windows on and a new hard drive about 4 month old, the bios says it’s detecting the SSD as an ATA/ATAPI device if that means anything. Not tried flashing the bios but can try if it’s an option to fix! I can only get the ram to work in the last slot, just 1 stick, every other slot pattern won’t work.

"I can only get the ram to work in the last slot, just 1 stick, every other slot pattern won’t work. "
The slot you are supposed to use for one stick is Dimm A2 which is the second slot so that's odd.

Do you still get the BIOS error after resetting the BIOS?

What's your memory config......how many sticks etc.

jake_2978

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
"I can only get the ram to work in the last slot, just 1 stick, every other slot pattern won’t work. "
The slot you are supposed to use for one stick is Dimm A2 which is the second slot so that's odd.

Do you still get the BIOS error after resetting the BIOS?

What's your memory config......how many sticks etc.
Just an update, it’s 2 sticks of 3200MHz DDR4, which never boots and I can randomly get it to boot with 1 stick sometimes. I’ve tried so far:
-Every ram pattern and every slot possible
-Different ram
-reset cmos
-memOK
-flashed bios yesterday did nothing

someone told me it could be something within the bios settings, does this sound plausible?