Question Ram Management between Asus Vivobook and Lenovo Thinkpad T490s

Jul 4, 2022
I have 2 device, Asus Vivobook S14 Intel i5-8th gen and Thinkpad T490s Intel i7 -8th gen. both are using 16gb of ram.
but there different between them. When I open Google Chrome with 18 tabs in Asus Vivobook, it's consume almost 3gb of ram.
Meanwhile in Lenovo Thinkpad T490s open Google Chrome with 41 tabs only consume 1.5 gb only.

Ram Spec :

Asus Vivobook S14 :
Speed : 2400 Mhz,
Slot used : 2 of 4
From Factor : SODIMM
Hardware Reserved : 121 MB.

Lenove Thinkpad T490s :

Speed : 2400 Mhz,
Slot used : 2 of 2
From Factor : SODIMM
Hardware Reserved : 252 MB.

My question here, does hardware reserved above affected performance?
or I would say ram management in thinkpad was better than vivobook?

Any suggestion and tips to make better performance ram in Asus Vivobook?
Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Both platforms are not the same. Are they both on the same OS + OS version? Are they both running the same version of Chrome with the same number of extensions(not tabs)? Might want to also share a picture of the sticks of ram that are populating on the motherboard for both laptops.

A glitch in your OS can also be the cause of higher than normal ram/CPU/drive usage.

Reactions: wildan2020
Jul 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Both platforms are not the same. Are they both on the same OS + OS version? Are they both running the same version of Chrome with the same number of extensions(not tabs)? Might want to also share a picture of the sticks of ram that are populating on the motherboard for both laptops.

A glitch in your OS can also be the cause of higher than normal ram/CPU/drive usage.
Hi Luffij,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using same Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 ,
for extension Chrome on Vivobook installed adblock, Chrome on thinkpad installed extension Wordtune a spelling grammar tool.For OS version.
Asus Vivobook using Windows 10 Home meanwhile Thinkpad using Windows 10 Pro.

Does both OS version and these chrome extension causing much gap here?