[SOLVED] random audio Glitch/stutter/freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2019
The computer i have was built by myself, and ever since i built it there has been a problem with the audio which happens randomly.
I have tried A LOT of diferent "fixes" but nothing solved the problem.

It happens while watching a movie/serie/youtube/music/gaming. Basically everything that has audio involved it has that bug or whatever it is.
This doesnt rly freeze the game or something like that is JUST the audio... everything else remains normal.

I cant rly replicate the problem because its completly random, and for like 1 sec or less but the noise is horrible.
Here is an example at 1:03 --->
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3yXpY5yoc
(the video is not mine) the sound is simillar to that but a lil more high pitched, happens for 1 sec and ONLY audio bugs, game or videos keep runing as if nothing happened.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: msi gaming plus x470
Ram: G.skill aegis 16gb (2x8gb) 3000mhz CL 16
HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm
SSD: kingston a400 240gb
Gpu: gtx 1070 ti msi gaming 8gb
Psu: Seasonic focus plus gold full modular 750w
Chassis: Cooler master master box mb500

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Which version of your OS are you on? The problem with the video you've linked is that the sudden reboot for the system(on the person who made the video) might be undergoing a thermal issue or that his PSU is faulty or failing. When you tax a system and it reboots, it's often times the PSU. For your case, I'm leaning towards the audio drivers needing attention or more, a reinstall of your OS with the latest version, after you've updated your BIOS, and installed the latest audio drivers manually. Speaking of manually_audio, you're working off the Realtek audio connected off the analog ports, correct?

Feb 20, 2019
My bad, already edited the post with full info about my computer.

I am on latest bios update, as for the audio drivers i have tried EVERYTHING and nothing seems to works, install new drivers, diferent drivers etc... but no fix...
I have also reinstalled my OS about 3 times and no fix.
Idk what u mean about analog ports but if u mean the conections behind the case, from the motherboard, yeah im connected to that.

Btw i have just completed a memory diagnostic and no errors, and system file checker and the system file checker found corrupted files and fixed them, cant test right now as those bugs are quite random and i dont have time to test it as where i live is 12:02 pm (00:02h)

Jun 9, 2019
I'm going to guess you're using Realtek high definition audio as your audio device. It appears to be a defect in the driver or chip. Lots of us are having this same issue.

Feb 20, 2019
I'm going to guess you're using Realtek high definition audio as your audio device. It appears to be a defect in the driver or chip. Lots of us are having this same issue.

When i was done building my computer i installed windows and used a program which installs all drivers for me, ever since i built my computer i had this problem, then i formated the computer but still used that program and i never thought the problem might be that.

So what i did was 5 days ago i formated my computer but this time i installed all drivers by myself, and now no audio problem.

I decided to format the computer because i had the problem since i built the computer so... yeah i was anoyed by that, the night before i formated the computer it crashed with blue screen... and yeah after that i was certain it had to do with drivers (which i never thought of since i already formated).

So... either the problem was installing drivers with that bullshit program i used or newer drivers fixed it (i honestly think the problem was the program)

Obs: might been windows too, since my version was 1809, and now is 1903

Status
Not open for further replies.