[SOLVED] Random black screen. Works after re-starting monitor.

Jun 28, 2020
Hi guys,
I am having this weird issue where my screen goes black randomly anytime with audio playing in background. It could happen every 5 mins or won't happen at all. All I do is re-start monitor and it comes back on. It started with graphic intensive games and now it just happens anytime. ALSO, there are times when push the CPU power button and it does not work. I have to re-power CPU and do it again. I feel these two issues are connected. Tried changing power plugs, no issues with that.

CPU: Intel i5 6600K
GPU: Asus GTX 970
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
MOBO: Gigabyte H110M-S2
PSU: Corsair CX600
SSD: Kingston UV300 120GB

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Solution
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with video and/audio problems or startup issues.

How old is the PSU? Has the PSU been heavily used for gaming? Could be nearing design EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter.

Another thought is 120 GB SSD: how full is the SSD?

120 GB is likely to be too low in capacity nowadays.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with video and/audio problems or startup issues.

How old is the PSU? Has the PSU been heavily used for gaming? Could be nearing design EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter.

Another thought is 120 GB SSD: how full is the SSD?

120 GB is likely to be too low in capacity nowadays.

Solution