[SOLVED] Random Black Screen

Apr 18, 2021
This issue happens at any time, regardless of whether I am gaming or not. My monitor will go black and eventually the "No Signal" popup will display but my PC doesn't completely power off. All of the fans spin full speed and the only way to stop it is to switch off the power supply or press the restart button on the case, the power button doesn't stop it. My PSU has an eco-mode so the fan doesn't spin, it only spins when it's under a high enough load. My memory is running at 2133Mhz because when I overclock it, I get bluescreens. I am also using a 2.5in HDD that I took from my old laptop for some extra storage, I don't know the brand or specs. I have already run check disk and Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and both came back with no errors.

Gigabyte B450 i Aorus Pro Wifi
Ryzen 5 2600
EVGA SuperNOVA 450 GM, 80 Plus Gold 450W
G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3600 Mhz
Windows 10 Home
Inland Premium 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 6GB

Solution
Have the latest bios for the motherboard? If not make sure to read the description for updating the bios since it's best to update the chipset drivers first and it might be necessary to update the bios in steps, so you would need different biosses.

Think that trying to run that memory you're better of sticking to highest speed of 3200mhz with the cpu you have. Could always try to tighten timings.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Have the latest bios for the motherboard? If not make sure to read the description for updating the bios since it's best to update the chipset drivers first and it might be necessary to update the bios in steps, so you would need different biosses.

Think that trying to run that memory you're better of sticking to highest speed of 3200mhz with the cpu you have. Could always try to tighten timings.

Solution