jasher11

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2013
Hi All,

So basically i am currently having an issue where my PC will randomly have massive performance issues. It isnt constant, it will occur randomly that my PC will go from putting out 90+FPS smoothly, to tanking is it does it this video, this usually comes with audio error that cant be heard in the video. This isnt limited to video games, but will also occur when watching youtube. the key thing is its not all the time. some days i can get hours in before the issue will occur, other days itll happen immediately after turning the PC on hang around for a bit, then leave, only to come back an hour later

This used to be a problem for this system in late 2020, in december 2020 i reset the pc and reinstalled windows, that fixed the issue till about a week ago. In that time i have upgraded the SSD to an NVMe that now has windows on it, i have changed from a CX500 to TX750M PSU, and I have upgraded the GPU from a GTX1060 to an RTX3070. None of these reintroduced the problem, nor did they get rid of it. This leads me to believe the problem is CPU, RAM or Motherboard related.

Video of an example of the stuttering in Black Ops Cold War

Current System Specs
CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400
Mobo - GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
GPU - MSI Suprim X RTX 3070 PSU - Corsair
TX750M 80+ Gold
SSD - Kingston A2000SSD NVMe 500 GB

jasher11

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2013
this looks like some bad driver is running
run latencymon in background, once stutters appear, latency mon should point out which driver does it
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Hi kerberos, thanks for the reply and software recommendation, the result of latencymon is this:
Conclusion: Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

Last edited: