Question Random, single "Pop/Click" sound from PC ?

Jun 6, 2024
My PC SPECS

=> Mother Board: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Gaming Motherboard

=> CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500 Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.1 GHz 19MB Cache AM4

=> CPU cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 V2 Blue LED air CPU Cooler

=> Graphics Card: ASUS pci_e_x4 Dual GeForce RTX 3050 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 RAM Graphics Card

=> System Fan: Arctic P12 PWM - 1 x 120 mm Case Fan with PWM - Black

=> RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ C16 Desktop RAM

=> SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 6.35 cm (2.5-inch) SSD

=> Power Supply: Corsair CV450, CV Series, 80 Plus Bronze Certified

=> Cabinet: Ant Esports ICE-130AG

Pc is 2 years old.

Random pop/click sound is c happening from past 3 months but recently it became frequent.
It happens right after like ~10 min to 15min of Windows Login as I start working on System. And sometimes in between working.
I never had this issue before. I ignore it sometimes as my PC works flawlessly not Blue Screen not stutters nothing.

I've checked following and problem didn't resolve:
1. Changing socket for PC Power Supply
2. Opened the case side panel and back panel.
3. Removing System Fans.

Any Ideas anyone? I checked other posts some say it is from case being expanding and contacting. But I don't think it is the case, Also I am not sure sounds like capacitors failing or something like that. Checked the capacitors no buldges.

Attached Video:

Check AT 0:15
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/CC_PljPHRjg?feature=share

Corsair CV450
i would guess it is this lower quality power supply.
these were only really intended for low power usage, not for any sort of gaming or intensive-use systems.

while it may seem to function normally now, i would be concerned that it may blow and possibly take connected devices with it.

even if it turns out to be another component making the noise,
i would recommend getting rid of this thing and purchasing a more reliable higher tiered PSU before any serious malfunction causes any harm to the system.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My PC SPECS

=> Mother Board: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Gaming Motherboard

=> CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500 Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.1 GHz 19MB Cache AM4

=> CPU cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 V2 Blue LED air CPU Cooler

=> Graphics Card: ASUS pci_e_x4 Dual GeForce RTX 3050 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 RAM Graphics Card

=> System Fan: Arctic P12 PWM - 1 x 120 mm Case Fan with PWM - Black

=> RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ C16 Desktop RAM

=> SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 6.35 cm (2.5-inch) SSD

=> Power Supply: Corsair CV450, CV Series, 80 Plus Bronze Certified

=> Cabinet: Ant Esports ICE-130AG

Pc is 2 years old.

Random pop/click sound is c happening from past 3 months but recently it became frequent.
It happens right after like ~10 min to 15min of Windows Login as I start working on System. And sometimes in between working.
I never had this issue before. I ignore it sometimes as my PC works flawlessly not Blue Screen not stutters nothing.

I've checked following and problem didn't resolve:
1. Changing socket for PC Power Supply
2. Opened the case side panel and back panel.
3. Removing System Fans.

Any Ideas anyone? I checked other posts some say it is from case being expanding and contacting. But I don't think it is the case, Also I am not sure sounds like capacitors failing or something like that. Checked the capacitors no buldges.

Attached Video:

Check AT 0:15
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/CC_PljPHRjg?feature=share
Take the side of the case off, use a empty roll of paper towels one end up to your ear and move it around in the case till you find the noise.

Jun 6, 2024
i would guess it is this lower quality power supply.
these were only really intended for low power usage, not for any sort of gaming or intensive-use systems.

while it may seem to function normally now, i would be concerned that it may blow and possibly take connected devices with it.

even if it turns out to be another component making the noise,
i would recommend getting rid of this thing and purchasing a more reliable higher tiered PSU before any serious malfunction causes any harm to the system.
Will replace the Power supply, But I don't have the budget for higher end PSU. I think I will look for another 650 watt bronze rated power supply Like

Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze V2​

Jun 6, 2024
Take the side of the case off, use a empty roll of paper towels one end up to your ear and move it around in the case till you find the noise.
I checked it came from Motherboard. Happened in another location bottom right part of MB.

don't have the budget for higher end PSU. I think I will look for another 650 watt bronze rated power supply
the bronze rating has nothing to do with the reliability or the build quality of a power supply.
that is just it's energy efficiency rating.
when i say, "higher-tiered", this rating has nothing to do with it.
i'm referring to it's overall build quality and how trustworthy it will be in the long run.

one good way to tell has always been the warranty offered;
5 years or less normally means very low quality,
7 years means the manufacturer has faith in it's overall quality,
10 years usually means it uses higher quality materials and is among the highest tiered units.

Tom's has some good related threads:
Tom's - PSU recommendations and power supply discussion thread

Tom's PSU tier list