Question Randomly getting terrible performance in game

Oct 22, 2019
I recently moved my computer into my other room and reset everything up. When I booted up the computer everything is fine and dandy until I go to start a game. I tried to start Rocket League and instantly I noticed that something was wrong. The game booted up very slowly and when the game finally started running I was getting 20 fps and 35 ms reponse time on my monitor. This has never happened to me before and I don't know what to do to fix it. I've tried replugging in my DP cable, turning off and turning on, installing newest drivers for my monitor and graphics card, and so on and so forth. So far it still does the same thing.

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k
Mobo: Asus z370-A Prime
Ram: 16 Gbs of Corsair
Monitor: Acer XFA240 144hz

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019
G.Skill makes Ripjaws series of rams while Corsair is another brand for rams. Which one do you have? Are they mixed in there? If so, work with one stick and see if anything changes.

Sorry I apologize it is 16 gbs of Cosair ram no I do not have mixed in ram together.

My computer would normally run Rocket league at 250 fps at 1ms input time and for some reason as soon as I moved my computer and unplugged everything and replugged it back in whenever I start up a game it is actually 20 fps and 35ms response time.