Jan 10, 2021
I have a Razer Huntsman keyboard and I really like it but for some reason, sometimes when I press a key down it will spam the key rapidly, even if I've let go of the key, and I'll need to press another button in order to negate it. It doesn't really bother me that much but I'd like to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix this?

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
A different KB will help determine if issue is limited to the Razer huntsman. But I would try an identical kb to begin with if possible. because if that KB works, your Razer huntsman is bound for retirment.

We need to determine if its the Keyboard or the Synapse app. If your keyboard has an RGB wristrest, remove it. Test it out.

Please check the Razer Synapse 3 installed. It maybe the culprit too. It controls mods to your button presses on the keys. There could be something you left to preset. Reset that to default. If no effect you can try uninstalling and installing.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Any standard keyboard will do. test it. If its good, then problem is isolated to your razer. Does your keyboard have the RGB wrist rest? Remove it. restart your pc. If issue is still there. try reinstalling the razer synapse app. If issue is still there. The problem could be the physical switches. I think it's time to plan on a new KB. It's not worth replacing the keys. Its a lot of work and can get expensive.

You may want to consider keyboards that have hot swappable switches.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021
Any standard keyboard will do. test it. If its good, then problem is isolated to your razer. Does your keyboard have the RGB wrist rest? Remove it. restart your pc. If issue is still there. try reinstalling the razer synapse app. If issue is still there. The problem could be the physical switches. I think it's time to plan on a new KB. It's not worth replacing the keys. Its a lot of work and can get expensive.

You may want to consider keyboards that have hot swappable switches.

Yeah, tried another keyboard for an hour and it didn't happen once. I'll check out the warranty.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
It's isolated the Huntsman. In a last ditch effort you can try reinstalling the Razer synapse app. The app is controlling the macros and custom buttons. It could be malfunctioning.

All the same, I hope you can get something from the warranty.

TRENDING THREADS