[SOLVED] Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 is crap - Headset Question

Gazownik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2012
Hey :) !

Recently I've bought a headset from Razer, model Tiamat 7.1 v2 and since I've had a previous model which was standard Razer Tiamat 7.1 which was actually good (in its own way) it made me think that v2 would be a good choice.

Unfortunately, this headset is a total crap:
  • the sound isn't really that clear
  • the bass is kinda lame
  • won't even mention anything about this <language> microphone (v1 had the same issue but I'm using Blue Yeti instead)
  • it doesn't sync with razer synapse 3.0 (had to download old razer software to change the lightning which is dim even at max brightness)
  • the control station doesn't support 2.1 PC speakers in any way (only 5.1+)
I know that while I've got integrated audio (AORUS Z390 Ultra with some audio boost @ lvl 3) it wouldn't make it that much better but for that price it's unacceptable.

Can You guys recommend me something for around ~270$ / ~250€ ?
What I actually like in headphones is of course 7.1 / 5.1 and good clear bass.
Also, it'd be nice if they're comfy and available in white color ^^.

I was considering Asus ROG Centurion / Corsair Virtuoso / Steelseries Arctis Pro + GameDAC / Sennheiser RS 185

Thanks

<Edited by moderator for language. Please remember this is a family friendly site and to chose your words accordingly. >

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
From my experience gaming headsets aren't that much into bass but I do own the turtle beach stealth 600, steelseries arctis 5 and the corsair virtuoso. The stealth 600 and arctis 5 are great headsets and my recent purchase of the virtuoso got me to really like it better because the build quality, mic and crisp sound is great. It also goes well with my other corsair products. But it really comes down to what your preferences are. I would suggest you go down to a best buy and test out the headsets and the virtuoso in white is on sale right now at best buy.
Jun 2, 2019
From my experience gaming headsets aren't that much into bass but I do own the turtle beach stealth 600, steelseries arctis 5 and the corsair virtuoso. The stealth 600 and arctis 5 are great headsets and my recent purchase of the virtuoso got me to really like it better because the build quality, mic and crisp sound is great. It also goes well with my other corsair products. But it really comes down to what your preferences are. I would suggest you go down to a best buy and test out the headsets and the virtuoso in white is on sale right now at best buy.

Solution