Razer to Honour Unauthorized 90-Percent Off Code in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ONLY reason they would do this is f they had a very small amount of orders. In the UK. That no one heard of. And they could make a national statement with it...

And I AM NOT impressed. you don't get 90% off at going out of business sales. No one would believe that... But they choose to hurt the company. And customers while actually paid. And have warranties

Holy h*** this new forum comment thing is horrid

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I liek razer and their products been usign their mouses for a long time. only ever experience with their company on a warrenty issue they cross shipped a replacment naga mouse and they did it on 2 day shippping, not many companies would do that and it will be remembered next time i go to get a mouse (thogh my naga will probably be my gaming mouse for another few years until i see something that i want to upgrade to by them

spectrablue

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Risking long term viability hurts all former and future Razor customers. They shouldn't have honored it.. everyone knows if its too good to be true it likely is... these folks were knowingly ripping of Razor ...they aren't customers they are hackers. They should have been offered a more reasonable discount coupon code say 20% on any 1 item with 30 day expiration... honoring a 90% code is hubris.

4745454b

Titan
Wanna know why EA stays on top of the worst companies lists? They don't do anything like this. At all. Period. Yes this is going to cost them. But people will respect and like them for this. And we buy not only what we like, but who we like.

SamLeonel

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
You can say what you want about Razer, but they usually try to make a name for themselves on the support side (just like the deceased BFG did and how EVGA still does on the video card business) and I wholeheartedly support and admire that! The fact that this is a genius type of promotion certainly comes as bonus for them! I once had a keyboard (Lycosa) bought in the UK before I moved back to the US and then I later found out that I had a defective unit (media keys didn't work properly) according to Razer's own website (there was a limited series that came out with the problem). When I contacted them they initially said that I would have to make the replacement in the UK, but after I complained about the hassle they immediately backed down and accepted to do the replacement in the US. I know that one can say it was their obligation to do so, but as someone that has been shafted by other companies in issues where it would also be their obligation to help the customer out, I have to give Razer props for being reasonable people. That is why I keep coming back to companies such as Razer, Corsair and EVGA... Good support can make a world of difference when you need it!

popatim

Titan
Anyone else believe this to be a complete fabrication; ie a publicity stunt to generate interest in Razer again? I doubt anyone would produce a 90 off code, even for testing purposes because if that's the case, hackers would have found a 100 off code too. Why would you test 90 and not 100. 100 could actually cause programming issues just like 0 can. 90 should work the same all the other percentages.

anathema_forever

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
+1 razer I am gonna buy stuff from you in the future because you acted less like a tool. Shame for you though that it was a 90% off instead of something a little saner for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.