Really high idle temps.

dragonelf37

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Heya guys,

Yesterday i installed my components in my new case.
After triple checking all the temperatures on everything it ran oke.

When i started my machine today i noticed it turned into an airplane.
Looking at the idle temps i noticed they were ridiculously high.

Both ambient temperatures are the same.

Parts list

2v99lbb.png

Solution
Sounds like the pump is dead. Switch to the stock heatsink. Hopefully there has not been any damage to the cpu, and everything will work fine.
Going by what you said, that you had your pc running fine, and then decided to move that same set up to a new case. I can only think that the pump just happen to die. After all, the only factor that changed is the case.

KKAW

Admirable

These temps are for CPU?
If so anything above 80C makes me uncomfortable. On full load my i5 4690K with a hyper 212 X Turbo Dual Fan, gets around the upper 60's and at maximum readings it gets 80C.

Don't use multiple temperature readers at once, close all programs and simply use Aida64, it's reliable.

Reinstall the cooler and properly clean and reapply a good thermal paste.

Just asking but why on earth did you get such an overkill PSU.

dragonelf37

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
The overkill PSU was on sale :p was the same price as a CS600W.

These were indeed the CPU temps.
The GPU temps do not differ that much.
I reseated my cooler yesterday and used just a drop of artic thermal paste. Should i redo this agian?

Aida64
zv61bn.png

KKAW

Admirable

Check the temperatures under the Max Temperatures Tab.
When stresstesting if the Max Temperature Tab is in the lower 80C or below you are fine.

dragonelf37

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
These are my temperatures under load.
It's just ridiculous and i can't seem to find the problem.
As you can see its only the CPU.

jujtjc.png

The idle temps were oke yesterday sigh.
But now this...
It's even thermalthrotteling wtf T.T

Dry Bones

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

if you mean, artic silver 5, that thing has a 200 hr burn in period, so temps in the beginning will vary and not be the same as after the burn in time. Something similar happen to me with my paste, except it was about 20 hrs of use spread out in 3 days. I personally just used the mx-2 from Artic. I'm happy with the results on a Hyper t4 for my i5-3570.

Anyway, perhaps the cooler's pump is defective. Or maybe the radiator is not getting enough fresh air.

dragonelf37

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

i`m using artic mx-4.

I just cleaned components of thermalpaste reapplied it and reseated the CPU.
Now it does not reach BIOS.
Is there any connection with the problem of high temps?

Dry Bones

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Sounds like the pump is dead. Switch to the stock heatsink. Hopefully there has not been any damage to the cpu, and everything will work fine.
Going by what you said, that you had your pc running fine, and then decided to move that same set up to a new case. I can only think that the pump just happen to die. After all, the only factor that changed is the case.

Solution

dragonelf37

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Oke so what i did was a complete reinstall and test everything outside the case.
Everything seemed to work.

At this moment i reinstalled everything in the case for the third time and after 1 hour of idle i rapport these temps.
16895c9.png

These are the same temps i had before the overheating.

After the stress test and a day of normal use i will give an update and if it is solved i will post a answer.
Until then thanks Dry Bones and KKAW for your help.

dragonelf37

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
oke so the problem still exists. But i noticed a buzzing noise that stop when i push the cpu block. so i think its the CPU Cooler. But i want to be sure and not wast money on another cooler when it is not needed.
So is there a way to see if what is wrong with my CPU cooler?