Question Realtek audio not working on gigabyte mobo HELP

lhgino2003

Commendable
Dec 8, 2017
I own a Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI

So yesterday I was playing when suddenly my PC crashed and I had to restart. The problem is that after my restart my headset stopped working, I notice that I didn't have the option to select Realtek audio on the playback device list (I can only select my monitor which has audio via display port).

I tried going to device manager and look for the drivers to update/reinstall them, but they weren't there. I looked for realtek audio manager in control panel as well and didn't find anything. The only thing that in the device manager under System Devices there is a "High Definition Audio Controller" (there's 2, one without issues) that has error code 10. So apparently I should reinstall the drivers, and after looking for the drivers on gigabyte's site and installing them, after restart nothing had happened though.

During the night I tried updating Windows 10 to the latest version but that didn't help either; so this morning i decided to fully reset my windows (Reset option in the settings) but nothing got fixed.

I tried troubleshooting a bit more and noticed that High Definition Audio Controller shouldn't be in system devices but in Sound, video and game controllers .
Now i'm getting pretty desperate as well because I've read on other forums that this might be a hardware issue that would require repair/getting a new board. If my explanation wasn't clear enough I found a forum thread from a few years ago that explains my issue (maybe better?) https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...cted-motherboard-issue.3296879/#post-20173891

Thanks for the help :D