Question Realtek HD Audio has been snapped away with the infinity gauntlet

Digital Dictator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
I can see that there are several threads on the same topic but every time I visit one the problem ends up being different for every person in any slight way so I am making this thread due to problems like this being more nuanced.

This seems to have happened after the recent Windows update, which I uninstalled already in effort to fix this to no avail. I have attempted to update the audio drivers, even completely remove/ uninstall from the device manager. I have never been stuck on audio driver issues as reinstalling drivers up until now solved it 100 percent of the time. No matter what I try only HDMI audio outputs show up for my 2 monitors. I usually use the front panel audio jack with headphones while working on stuff or watching videos. I have tried the rear audio jack with no better results I can only get audio to come out of my extended display because it is a small TV.

I did not want to have to bother the community with this issue but after a week I suppose I have to ask maybe I am overlooking something.

I have attempted to restart services pertaining to the audio reinstalled realtek drivers after removing all audio things in the device manager desperately trying to get this fixed.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? You should backup your mission critical content and then fabricate a bootable USB installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tools, then reinstall your OS in offline mode(without the internet), but make sure to install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: Digital Dictator

Digital Dictator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? You should backup your mission critical content and then fabricate a bootable USB installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tools, then reinstall your OS in offline mode(without the internet), but make sure to install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I just got my system settled with everything I use in music production, image editing, video editing and a ton more I would really like to avoid a full reset because it has only been a few months since my fresh reinstall of Windows and my computer is running perfect and fast aside from this audio issue coming out of nowhere.

ASUS B360M-A

SMBIOSBIOSVersion

Digital Dictator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
I am back after 2 fresh reinstalls of windows, BIOS update among so many driver installs and still the problem persisted, it must be physically damaged so disabled audio and installed PCI sound card and it's a bandaid fix because this board is going into the ground before i am done with it.