Question "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error ?

Aug 5, 2023
Hi! My PC usually boots up perfectly fine, but occasionally, it displays the "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error. To resolve this issue, I currently resolve it by shutting down the PC and then turning it back on, which seems to work. However, I'm curious if anyone might know a more permanent fix for this problem.

Here are my PC specifications:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
  • Motherboard: ASRock B550 HDV
  • GPU: RTX 3070
  • Storage: Patriot 256GB NVMe M.2
I appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have regarding this issue. Thank you!

Hi! My PC usually boots up perfectly fine, but occasionally, it displays the "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error. To resolve this issue, I currently resolve it by shutting down the PC and then turning it back on, which seems to work. However, I'm curious if anyone might know a more permanent fix for this problem.

Here are my PC specifications:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
  • Motherboard: ASRock B550 HDV
  • GPU: RTX 3070
  • Storage: Patriot 256GB NVMe M.2
I appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have regarding this issue. Thank you!
Have you checked drive's health?

Aug 5, 2023
Have you checked drive's health?
Screenshot-2023-08-05-124734.png
Yes, I checked. The SSD health is 100%. I recently bought the entire pc and everything is brand new.

Aug 5, 2023
That's what I thought, Will it BOOT if HDD is disconnected or disabled in BIOS ? Asking because it's possible that that BOOT is spread across both drives and HDD being much slower doesn't spin up fast enough.
But Windows is installed on the SSD. The HDD should not directly impact the boot process since it should boot directly from the SSD.

Aug 5, 2023
Not if there are parts in the HDD, That's why it's good practice to have only masin disk connected while installing OS.
I see, does this mean I will need to reinstall Windows with the HDD disconnected? Is that the only solution you think would work, considering that installing Windows and software can be time-consuming?

I see, does this mean I will need to reinstall Windows with the HDD disconnected? Is that the only solution you think would work, considering that installing Windows and software can be time-consuming?
Just try it without HDD first but there are ways to rectify BOOT problem without reinstalling windows.

Reactions: UMERXA