Receiving IP address from Router but NO Internet Connection

I have a laptop with an integrated Intel Wireless G network card that once
worked flawlessly with my Linksys 802.11G router. Now all of a sudden, I can
connect to the router (I know this because when I run IPCONFIG it shows the
correct default gateway of 192.168.2.1 and it assigns an IP address to the
laptop) but am unable to PING or browse any websites whatsoever. I suspect
that it has something to do with a windows DNS problem but have no idea how
to fix it. Even if I hardwire the PC to the router I still have the exact
same problem. Get an IP, but no browsing capabilities. I’m stumped.

Thank you

Jason

mark

Reboot the router,then login into your router by typing in you browser :
http://192.168.1.1
username=leave this blank
password=admin

click on the status tab, then click DHCP Release, then click DHCP Renew

That should do it.

"Jason V." wrote:

> I have a laptop with an integrated Intel Wireless G network card that once
> worked flawlessly with my Linksys 802.11G router. Now all of a sudden, I can
> connect to the router (I know this because when I run IPCONFIG it shows the
> correct default gateway of 192.168.2.1 and it assigns an IP address to the
> laptop) but am unable to PING or browse any websites whatsoever. I suspect
> that it has something to do with a windows DNS problem but have no idea how
> to fix it. Even if I hardwire the PC to the router I still have the exact
> same problem. Get an IP, but no browsing capabilities. I’m stumped.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jason

Try tip #3 at
www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm